Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supermac's Thurles = Battlefield

Options
  • 20-12-2009 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone in Superknacks in Thurles last night. Place was destroyed they had to close. It's gona be another messy xmas!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

What happened? Scumbag youths?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭GLUEY

Sure what do you expect from the little knackers. Giving the rest of us youths a bad name. :P

What did happen though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

i was actually there, they ripped up seats and everythin.. was terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Yeah just the usual suspects. My friend works there and had to clean all that crap up. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

its unfourante that these "people" are out every weekend, i live outside of thurles and basically i dont enter the door of supermacs..

to add doesnt mather what time of year it is same **** diffrent weekend in there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Filthy knackers

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

How come they don't have security like every other Supermacs in the country......

Magnum wrote: »
    How come they don't have security like every other Supermacs in the country......

They do but they would need 6-8 working in security to prevent fights on this scale. And that just wouldn't be economically viable.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

tuxy wrote: »
    They do but they would need 6-8 working in security to prevent fights on this scale. And that just wouldn't be economically viable.

Oh ,It was that big....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

For those of us who don't know Thurles very well, can you describe in some detail what goes on in Supermacs? Where do these guys come from, how many of them are there, what do they do there all the time?

• Advertisement

Was anyone there last night. Loads more fights and then they had to close because the water from the upstairs toilets was leaking through the ceiling onto people getting served.

Furet, it's just random people from the town and surrounding villages that can't handle their drink. Just it's a good bit worse than other places I have lived.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Seems to be the same with this particuar fast food outlet in other towns too. Mainly due to over indulgence in alcohol and the fact that they stay open late especially on weekend nights and its usually the only place left open to get food and everyone congregates in it and this is what causes the trouble. It only takes one muppet to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

amazing where they get the money to get slaughtered drunk every other night! eh?
    a well known TD here has stated before:
    All state welfare payments being claimed by people involved in violent crime should be just cut off. These type of people can afford to lie in bed all day and are out terrorising communities all night.
    I agree with him. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭tommytoofar

I'm from Kilcommon and its this kind of carry on that has stopped me going out in Thurles. Too many hicks and inbreds coming into town and looking at you funny cos you dont chase people round a field with a stick. Know well the villages ye are on about and the carry on. No matter how drunk I have ever got in Thurles on the occasions I have been out, I would never dream of behaving in the same way as my sad to say fellow county men. The abuse they give to the lads working in Supermacs is vile. Knew a few of the workers there and I dont know how they do it. They are the ones that sould nearly be running the country with the abity they show to put up with the stuff they go through in there. The moment you stick up for any of the staff or tell them to cop on, you're told to shut up or treated like some type of blow in (more than likely because they resent the fact that you dont live there anymore and have discovered a world beyond theirs, where their only experience of a freign culture is atrip across the border to a neighb ouring county to watch a GAA match). Its great that someone has put this up here to show what has to be endured. They should be ashamed of themselves. Booze Britain has nothing on us at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

The UN needs to be called in to police that place;)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

yep,it's quite the battlefiled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Is a night out in Thurles really scummy these days?

thats being polite bout it....

My plan of action on a Saturday night is
    Milleas - HQ - avoid supermacs and just head home with a few friends and cook food.
    Yes the streets are full of scum but I don't let it affect my night :)

My plan of action on a Saturday night is
    Milleas - HQ - avoid supermacs and just head home with a few friends and cook food.
    Yes the streets are full of scum but I don't let it affect my night :)

Milleas? excuse my ignorance but i dont know it:( whats it like? where is good in Thurles? Friendly clientle and good tunes? fed up of the lads banging on about Noel Ryans:mad:

• Advertisement

Milleas? excuse my ignorance but i dont know it:( whats it like? where is good in Thurles? Friendly clientle and good tunes? fed up of the lads banging on about Noel Ryans:mad:

Not a fan of Noel Ryans myself. Milleas is where the castle tavern used to be only upstairs, the old pub is now an off licence. Generally a mature crowd with a good mix of ages. I'v never seen any trouble there and would be really surprised if there was. All the staff are sound too. There is a juke box and most people play rock music on it. It's normally turned down fairly low so it's a good place to go for a chat. Only bad thing is I did get a bad pint of Carlsberg there last Saturday but hopefully that will be sorted again by next weekend.

Not a fan of Noel Ryans myself. Milleas is where the castle tavern used to be only upstairs, the old pub is now an off licence. Generally a mature crowd with a good mix of ages. I'v never seen any trouble there and would be really surprised if there was. All the staff are sound too. There is a juke box and most people play rock music on it. It's normally turned down fairly low so it's a good place to go for a chat. Only bad thing is I did get a bad pint of Carlsberg there last Saturday but hopefully that will be sorted again by next weekend.

Hate to say it, but NRs is full of people from near where I'm from, n tis nice t get away from that nwhole scene yknow, so u reckon thats a good spot to give a shout to for a decent laugh without all the posing and jersey pullers

Hate to say it, but NRs is full of people from near where I'm from, n tis nice t get away from that nwhole scene yknow, so u reckon thats a good spot to give a shout to for a decent laugh without all the posing and jersey pullers

Yup it's a very different crowd in there. Check it out any Friday or Saturday night I think there's a good chance you will like the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Ravomix

i was actually there, they ripped up seats and everythin.. was terrible[/QUOTEThe gardai are afraid of the knackers,even when they recieve a complaint they do nothing about them.If any of the ordinary general public cause trouble the gardai are down on them like a ton of bricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Fionn wrote: »
    amazing where they get the money to get slaughtered drunk every other night! eh?
    a well known TD here has stated before:
    All state welfare payments being claimed by people involved in violent crime should be just cut off. These type of people can afford to lie in bed all day and are out terrorising communities all night.
    I agree with him. :)

Indeed.
    The only problem is...what is that these people can do with their money that sensible people can't?
    Govt. is secretly dependant on these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Why doesn't Superkaks invest in some plexiglass to start with and close up earlier..nah that'd make too much sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

tbf to thurles this crap goes on all over the country every weekend.
    maybe because supermacs tend to be fairly big with the resulting crowds things are more likely to kick off.
    drunk scumbags will behave as such. perhaps the bosses and cops should get fast food outlets to shut earlier and it'd prevent this war zone stuff.with booze on board a usually sensible fella can become unruly and it only takes 2 to start something.
    if people had no place to go when clubs/pubs shut they'd fcuk off home and not be hangin about kickin off wing mirrors, shop windows, pissing everywhere..........etc

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ravomix wrote: »
    i was actually there, they ripped up seats and everythin.. was terrible
    The gardai are afraid of the knackers,even when they recieve a complaint they do nothing about them.If any of the ordinary general public cause trouble the gardai are down on them like a ton of bricks.

Please don't drag up threads from 2 years ago unless you have a good reason.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement