Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phone contracts? info needed.

• 20-12-2009 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

evening folks.,

whats the story with mobile phone contracts,? if you sign up to a contract over the phone, are you supposed to get a copy of same in the post? within a certain period of time?
    also are there any regulations around this?

if you buy a mobile over the phone, and nothing is mentioned in terms of contract duration, and you get nothing in the post , where do you stand?

suppose you ring the operator and ask for proof of where you agreed to the conrtract, and they say the cant give this, cause they dont have it,

where do you stand?

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭tudlytops

Have a look at this site, should have all the answers.;)

http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/phone_and_broadband_contracts.247.LE.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Honda08

tudlytops wrote: »
    Have a look at this site, should have all the answers.;)

http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/phone_and_broadband_contracts.247.LE.asp

thanks for that, thought as much.

some agent on the phone said a contract is in place. i asked for a copy of it, and proof of where i agreed to it, she said she couldnt provide this. at no point during the purchase process was a contract mentioned.

...strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Once you accept the phone in the post, and hold on to it after the 7 days your accepting the agreement.

Is their anything in particular you wanted?

Davy wrote: »
    Once you accept the phone in the post, and hold on to it after the 7 days your accepting the agreement.

Is their anything in particular you wanted?

My point is that there is no agreement
    all I got was the phone ... No documentation and was never informed of any contract or contract duration. See my earlier post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

I think what Davy means is did you not realise you were getting a phone on a postpay tariff and not pre pay

• Advertisement

Walkman wrote: »
    I think what Davy means is did you not realise you were getting a phone on a postpay tariff and not pre pay

Have a look at the link tudlytops posted
    If you are entering a contract you should be informed
    and given all the details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ye well you should be given all the details, but if you feel you were let down by their service you have the right to complain.

Were you renewing a contract, getting an upgrade?

Advertisement