Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Spica Android Tethering

Options
  • 20-12-2009 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Anyone out there got one from o2? Can you tether it?

Need an answer ASAP!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

I think o2 specifically say you cannot do this in their TOS - the data plan max is only 250mb anyway.

try pdaNet on the android market tho ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭28064212

I can confirm that O2 do allow tethering, at least they allowed me to do it when I had a Windows Mobile phone on a prepay plan. I have the Spica now, but haven't gotten around to testing it yet, I'd be very surprised if it didn't work. I highly recommend this phone btw, only darkspot is that Samsung haven't announced whether they'll release any Android updates past the 1.5 it shipped with

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭smackyB

cool, thanks for the answers guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭andywozhere

smackyB wrote: »
    Anyone out there got one from o2? Can you tether it?

Need an answer ASAP!

Thanks

Did you get it to work? I'm hoping to get the same phone (from Three) and was hoping to use it for tethering too.

Advertisement