Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a new phone with LED Torch like Sony Ericsson K750i? &WiFi

• 20-12-2009 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

I've had a Sony Ericsson K750i for the past few years and have been pretty happy with it.

I'm now looking at getting a contract and taking the opportunity to update my phone.

However, one feature I've loved on this phone and used a surprising amount is the ability to turn on the camera's LED flash permanently and use it as a torch. It doesnt have a long distance usage like most LEDs but it can light up an entire average sized room very reasonably and is very useful working on cars, computers etc.

So I'd really like my replacement to have the same feature. I also want the new phone to have WiFi - however, I am not really prepared to fork out big money for anything too fancy like an iPhone etc - and I also like my phone to be reasonably small/neat.

I'm considering the Sony Ericsson W995. Does anyone know if this phone has this feature and if it is a powerful/strong a light as the K750i?

Or any other alternatives?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Quoi?

Nice phone, but too wide.

Should mention also that I'd prefer to stick to under €100 for the phone on a low-end contract (i.e. a monthly fee of ~€20-30).

The W995 is €69 on Meteor's Connect 20 - if it has this feature?
    Review online seems to suggest it does but I've seen other phones with LED Torches where the light wasnt worth sh!te so hoping for some personal comments here and other suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Quoi? wrote: »
    Should mention also that I'd prefer to stick to under €100 for the phone on a low-end contract (i.e. a monthly fee of ~€20-30).

The W995 is €69 on Meteor's Connect 20 - if it has this feature?
    Review online seems to suggest it does but I've seen other phones with LED Torches where the light wasnt worth sh!te so hoping for some personal comments here and other suggestions.

The W995 has got a great torch on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Get an advanced LED torch. I had a K750i but never used the torch feature because I have some very capable dedicated LED torches.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Yeah get an LED keyring torch, they have excellent ones in Petersons on College Green!! The batteries last forever!!!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

This

telefono_libre_nokia_2330.jpg

PLus this

HiFlux200_bike_lights.jpg
    The DualCross Li-Ion is the top-of-the-line Dual High-Intensity L.E.D. light that uses an advanced microprocessor to get the maximum efficiency from the light. With this technology the DuaCross Li-Ion gets the maximum amount of light for up to 7 hours from a headlight and battery that weigh less than 11 oz. combined. The ultra lightweight battery shines 3.5 to 7 hours on the bicycling modes and up to 59 hours on the SOS flashing mode. It fully recharges within 3 to 4 hours by CygoLite’s Rapid IQ smart charging system.Also has wifi

= solution :pac:

would you not just buy the w995 seems how your so set on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

What about a Nokia 5530? Got one myself recently and it's great. €140 for a phone with wifi, it's a steal tbh. It doesn't come with the torch functionality built in but there is an official app for it available for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I have a C905. It doesn't have a specific torch application but it's very easy to open the camera slider and switch on the flash in video mode, works exactly the same way as the torch on the older models. Fantastic camera too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I have a C905. It doesn't have a specific torch application but it's very easy to open the camera slider and switch on the flash in video mode, works exactly the same way as the torch on the older models. Fantastic camera too.

Camera sucks given it is 8MP - I know because I had one. Good tip on the Video light.

• Advertisement

Not particularly interested in getting a specific LED Torch - dont like carrying extra sh!t - like I say above I dont even want a bulky phone. The beauty of it built into the phone is that I always have it with me & its not an extra device.

@congo_90 - how does "I'm considering the W995..." translate into "would you not just buy the w995 seems how your so set on it?"

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Thought the E72 had one?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

nokia 5800 music edition & download "torch", uses flash led a torch

- many other apps for that fone too

Advertisement