Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ambulance in Arundel Square

• 20-12-2009 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭

Was passing down by pennys, near where the funfair is and saw a man being taken away by ambulance at around 3pm. There was quite a crowd gathered and a there were a few women crying at the scene. Anyone know what happened?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

he was on the carousel and fell off and split his head open..was only just talking to a cousin of mine about it earlier..she was in the Q when it happened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

snuggles09 wrote: »
    he was on the carousel and fell off and split his head open..was only just talking to a cousin of mine about it earlier..she was in the Q when it happened

Ouch , they go at fair speed plus are fairly high off ground id imagine falling off would be bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

jesus, pity cause its lovely to have it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

ziedth wrote: »
    jesus, pity cause its lovely to have it there.

I'm sure they will have accident insurance for the carousel but I hope the health and safety don't stop its operation or anything.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

jo06555 wrote: »
    Ouch , they go at fair speed plus are fairly high off ground id imagine falling off would be bad.

I always thought after an accident on such, they had to shut it down until H&S gave it the all clear?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

How the hell do you fall off that :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Jesus it'd be hard enough to fall off it unless you weren't taking it seriously i.e. holding on correctly? What age group was he in does anyone know?

Asmodean wrote: »
    Jesus it'd be hard enough to fall off it unless you weren't taking it seriously i.e. holding on correctly? What age group was he in does anyone know?

In his 40s I was told

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

Sully wrote: »
    I always thought after an accident on such, they had to shut it down until H&S gave it the all clear?

yeah i thought so too,was in town earlier and it was open for business,must have been a speedy investigation. brown envelope job or something:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

yeah there was a build up of ice on the horse and he slipped off when the ride reached 20.55 mph .....:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Hoffmans wrote: »
    yeah there was a build up of ice on the horse and he slipped off when the ride reached 20.55 mph .....:o

CLAIM!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,682 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I had a go on the carousel when it was here last year and was a bit surprised at how much strength you needed to hang on - only having one footrest didn't help! I enjoyed it though and would hate to see it closed.
    Hope he was ok though, quite a long way to fall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

I was in the square at the same time and saw the ambulance too. I heard that he was smply an elderly man who collapsed upstairs in pennys.
    Although, I can't exactly confirm that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Dr. Baltar wrote: »
    I was in the square at the same time and saw the ambulance too. I heard that he was smply an elderly man who collapsed upstairs in pennys.
    Although, I can't exactly confirm that.

He was thrown from the horse into pennys,thats some powerfull carousel machine :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I had a good idea that it wasnt just someone who had fallen ill because his neck was restrained and the woman(who I presume was his wife) was quite distressed, more than if he had just become ill. He was not elderly, 30-40 as has been said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭recharge

Was in pennys that day around 3 o'clock and some poor old chap collapesed over. Gave his head some wack off the ground, only happened bot 10 feet away from me. Anyway a short while later the ambulance was outside taking him away. So id say thats what the ambulance was there for.

and my cousin told me she was in the Q and a man fell off one of the horses, they had to stop the ride and tell people in the Q it was being shut for a while etc..hmmm..someones been telling me porky pies

Advertisement