Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EPL Team of the Year 2009 - Right Back

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Corluka last year was immense. It's his average form this season that's let him down. Despite that, I'd say his form last season would put him above O'Shea as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Lolz. John O'Shea the best right-back in the supposed "best league in the world".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Lolz. John O'Shea the best right-back in the supposed "best league in the world".

Nope. That is not what the vote it. The vote is who was the best last season, not who is the best in general. But well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

jank wrote: »
    No your one of those fanboys who just happens to ruin most good things on this forum......

Yeah, it's us fanboys, not the constant bickering among those trying to be more outraged at perceived bias than others.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Yeah, it's us fanboys, not the constant bickering among those trying to be more outraged at perceived bias than others.:o

you're right in general, about the bickering not helping the forum.

it is a bit of fun after all.

but it's not 'perceived' bias now is it?

SlickRic wrote: »
    you're right in general, about the bickering not helping the forum.

it is a bit of fun after all.

but it's not 'perceived' bias now is it?

But surely bias is what makes one a fan of a particular team?

Why should I not be allowed prefer a player from the team I support over another team?

Not trying to start off another argument, just making a general point.

And while I'm at it, what do you (jank) mean by calling me a fan boy? Of O'Shea :) or of United? Cos if it's United, then yes, you are correct, I am a fan of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

But surely bias is what makes one a fan of a particular team?

Why should I not be allowed prefer a player from the team I support over another team?

Not trying to start off another argument, just making a general point.

you're perfectly entitled to support a player from your own team.

but that's not what this thread is about.

and you canvassed for support.

sagna should have won. and genuinely would have if it weren't for the mass utd presence on the forum.

but it's genuinely not important.

i only wanted to point out that there was bias, and it was not simply something we 'perceived'.

and by 'fanboy' he means you're a fan of utd, and he reckons you allow that to cloud your judgment when you talk about football, meaning he can't talk rationally with you about it because you'll just say the utd end of things is right regardless.

i hate the term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Nope. That is not what the vote it. The vote is who was the best last season, not who is the best in general. But well done.

Even then. Lolz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

well I voted for McShane and I find it a disgrace that he got only 15 votes

ffs

he's better that sagna and oshea combined why cant you bloody fanboys see that

pffffft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    The amount of people that voted on this poll that were united fans.

o'shea is to be generous, useless.

FergieFacepalm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

And there is the reason why none of these polls can be taken seriously. The whole point is to put bias aside and honestly say who was the best in 2009, not who you think about while pullin the balls off yourself at night. Might as well just give Gerrard, Giggs and Lucas (the lulz vote :rolleyes:) their midfield spots now.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    And there is the reason why none of these polls can be taken seriously. The whole point is to put bias aside and honestly say who was the best in 2009, not who you think about while pullin the balls off yourself at night. Might as well just give Gerrard, Giggs and Lucas (the lulz vote :rolleyes:) their midfield spots now.

Maybe both are the same.:p

The way you put it, unless I actually pick someone from another team, I'm being biased. :rolleyes:

These polls aren't meant to be taken so seriously, as has been said, it is just a bit of fun. I'm not gonna say what I believe are the true reasons for some people's bitterness over O'Shea winning, cos it'll only lead to another 20 pages of whining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The way you put it, unless I actually pick someone from another team, I'm being biased. :rolleyes:

You asked why shouldn't you be allowed to pick someone just because they play for your club. That is not the same thing as picking someone from your club because you think they are the best option.
    These polls aren't meant to be taken so seriously, as has been said, it is just a bit of fun.

Where's the fun in taking the piss out of something that a poster has gone to the trouble of putting together for the forum? If anything that's the complete opposite of fun.

You asked why shouldn't you be allowed to pick someone just because they play for your club. That is not the same thing as picking someone from your club because you think they are the best option.

Where's the fun in taking the piss out of something that a poster has gone to the trouble of putting together for the forum? If anything that's the complete opposite of fun.

I never said I picked a player just because they played for my club. I picked the best RB in my opinion. It just so happens that they also play for my club.

I'm not making fun of the thread, or poll, just saying that posters taking my choice as a personal affront need to lighten up a bit and relax.

I don't know if you're deliberately misinterpreting my posts, but I'll assume you aren't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

These things are always going to be a joke with massive bias. I mean Ledley King got a vote in the Cb category. I like the player and the poster who voted is a decent poster but it's just plain daft.

T'is the internet and people will also just act the dick sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

I cant see why on earth you think Giggs shouldnt be in it after his extremely impressive 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I never said I picked a player just because they played for my club. I picked the best RB in my opinion. It just so happens that they also play for my club.
    I'm not making fun of the thread, or poll, just saying that posters taking my choice as a personal affront need to lighten up a bit and relax.
    It's not your personal choice of RB that's annoying, it's the fact that you deliberately undermined this thread where people were having an objective discussion about football (something you have admitted that you are incapable of). You canvassed for votes for JOS in the United thread.
    Have we all voted (for John O'Shea)

on the right back

of the season yet?
    Tis tied at 52 each
    at the moment, just
    need a slight push
    to get O'Shea through.

You didn't argue objectively that he's the best RB, you just did everything you could to ensure that a Manchester United player got voted in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'm late voting on all these, where is Ivanovic?? Best RB for months now and had a good end to the season last year. Better 2009 than half the name son the poll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

As most of the regulars here know I'm a fully fledged, card carrying, season ticket holding member of the Manchester United supporters club! and I voted for Sagna in this position. I genuinely thought he was the best RB over the last 12 months but...

...whatever about arguing the merits of whether Sagna or O'Shea should have won, anybody arguing that O'Shea shouldn't even be considered really needs to think about their motivation.

O'Shea played 30 games in the Premier League last year for the team that won the league, the majority of which were at RB.

Along the way they broke records for minutes without conceding a goal and kept 24 clean sheets in 38 games.

He is certainly on the short-list of those that should be in the running for this spot.

Advertisement