Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cosmic Christmas at Blackrock Castle Observatory

Options
  • 20-12-2009 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I went to Cosmic Christmas today at Blackrock Castle Observatory with the family and it was absolutely fantastic. Its a totally different experience than any other Santa visit we have been too. The first thing we did when we got there was designed christmas stars. The kids had a brilliant time at this workshop, they made very nice star decorations for the christmas tree! Then we were brought outside by one of santas elves to a wishing tree where we tied ribbons onto it and all made a wish. Next we all transmitted our christmas letters to santa via email, the kids loved this! The radio telescope that transmits the letters to the north pole can be seen outside on the roof of the castle! All very cool! :D
    Finally, the visit to the Santa! It was brilliant! The kids got their astro gift bags and we all got a picture with santa which will be going up on our mantlepiece! We also could spend as much time looking around the astronomy exhibit as we wanted.
    Overall a fantastic experience and I would recommend it to everyone who would like to do something different this year for their santa visit! 10 out of 10!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 anrinn184

I thought it was a fantastic day out, so different than bringing my son to visit santa in a shop and so well organised. I even loved it, we got a tour of the observatory and learnt all about the stars , lots of touch feely stuff for my son to play with, my nephew dara who is 9 loved it too. my son got a brilliant goodie bag with a blow up globe, and the castle was beautifully decorated and we had a delicious lunch in the restaurant afterwards. A real different and christmassy day out

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sarah87

Just heard there that Cosmic Christmas is running again this year with a green santa theme! Sounds cool!
    Starting 18th December and running till 23rd Dec

Heres a link to their website: http://www.bco.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=90&Itemid=178

Workshops are running after christmas from the 27th Dec to the 9th Jan. Its on how to make your own snowflakes! My kids loved the Hogwarts workshops so much that I am definitely going to bring them to these Christmas Workshops!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Cosmic, you say?! :p

Advertisement