Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

eletric hookup

• 20-12-2009 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi All

Does it do any harm to leave my motorhome on hookup all the time during this cold spell. I have an oil filled radiator turned on low to protect against the frost.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I cant see how it would do any harm. If you were on holidays you could have it hooked up long spells. It would be the same thing.

If you were worried about it you could alway just put an exension lead straight into the MH to power only the radiator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

It would be ok for a week or two , but I find that the leisure battery just can't take being constantly on charge , for months at a time . If the cold spell continues , maybe leave the power off for a day every few days . Also , get a basin , filled with dishwasher salt , leave it on the table. That'll absorb moisture out of the air .:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Good advice with the salt. We have a few bowls of salt in the MH and they are absorbing a huge amount of water.

Advertisement