Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unexplained pink line in my site

Options
  • 20-12-2009 9:49pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello.

I've been trying very hard lately to build a website. Bought some hosting, got some books and all that. And now my site has a strange pink line across it.

The way I'm making my site is made a template in Fireworks, exported to Dreamweaver, then deleted the middle portion and re-entered it as a background so I could write over it.
    I had it planned so that it would repeat away and as there were no other colours involved the site visitor would not know it's a repeat.

But now, every time a new repeat happens, so does this ugly pink line. I've tried for hours to figure it out and I can't.

I've attached a photo. If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful. This thing has driven me nuts!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

cant help with out seeing the code

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It could be the browser or even some dead pixels in your monitor, my monitor does something similar when there's red or flesh tones on the screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

Any chance you have the background colour pink set from that pink line to the bottom within the same div tag. Sometimes by adding an image and not setting the positioning correct may cause this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

It can also depend on how you cropped the image, as many graphics packages will "anti-alias" the edge of the image.

Open the image in a graphics package and zoom in on it, to ensure that the image is indeed a solid colour throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If it's happening on the repeat I'd imagine it's what Liam Byrne is talking about. If that's the case then you may not need to have such a high background image, you can maybe get away with creating a 1px high image and repeating it vertically, to save on kilobytes.

Seeing the code and images would help though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

It's your div (or table) background tiling.

Just change it to a background colour instead of using an image.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Ok thanks guys. I'll post the code if I can't get it sorted. I know I should just use a background colour, but I want it cream at the sides! For now I'm ignoring it and hoping it goes away...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Make the larger bounding box cream and then have a red box as a smaller container inside the cream box. All with background colour, and if you have to have rounded edges at the bottom, use an image just for the footer.

Advertisement