Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with getting Phoneline in

• 20-12-2009 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey guys I'm just after some advice, I moved into a rented house a few weeks ago and obviously needed to get a phoneline in for dsl so ordered online and waited for confirmation. On Friday evening I got an email saying that there is " an outstanding account at this address which will have to be payed in full before service can be restored"

It turns out that there was a guy living here who left without deactivating his account and let the bills just pile up. Obviously I won't be paying it and will be giving Eircom a ring in the morning to explain the situation but I'm curious has anyone had any experience with a similar situation, how understanding are they and what are my options?

I have the option for a local wireless provider but I'm a gamer and would definitely prefer the stability of dsl so any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

Ericson wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm just after some advice, I moved into a rented house a few weeks ago and obviously needed to get a phoneline in for dsl so ordered online and waited for confirmation. On Friday evening I got an email saying that there is " an outstanding account at this address which will have to be payed in full before service can be restored"

It turns out that there was a guy living here who left without deactivating his account and let the bills just pile up. Obviously I won't be paying it and will be giving Eircom a ring in the morning to explain the situation but I'm curious has anyone had any experience with a similar situation, how understanding are they and what are my options?

I have the option for a local wireless provider but I'm a gamer and would definitely prefer the stability of dsl so any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Magnet fiber or UPC cable either of these will beat the pants off Eircom you should see if you can get one of them in your area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ericson

Ranicand wrote: »
    Magnet fiber or UPC cable either of these will beat the pants of Eircom you should see if you can get one of them in your area.
    Not an option as they do not operate in my area. Like I said my only option other than bitstream Dsl is a local wireless provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

Ericson wrote: »
    Not an option as they do not operate in my area. Like I said my only option other than bitstream Dsl is a local wireless provider.

Eircom it is but you would be mad to pay a bill that is not yours.
    Give Eircom a call ask for a team leader or supervisor and explain the situation in full.

If they do not back off then tell them to go to hell.

Unless Eircom are 100% stupid I am sure they will accept your money with a NEW account.

Anyway good luck.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

try asking for a teamleader first and maybe suggest sending in a copy of your tennacy agreement. That should do the trick, if there was a previous line there it shouldnt be too much hassle reactivating the line.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

they will ask for a deposit, can't blame them .

you will need proof of where you were when those bills were run up too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement