Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film - Dellamorte Dellamore AKA Cemetery Man

• 20-12-2009 10:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭

I posted this in the 'replacement' thread, but I think this deserves a post of it's own.

Since the top 100 arrived, I've been digging through all the flics I missed that were mentioned, and then through others from various lists and top-this-and-thats, and I have to say this film blew me away.

It's from '94, Rupert Everett starring as a graveyard caretaker who is facing the dead coming back to life, and the living wishing they were dead. From what I read, it never got a big release over here. The characters are few but complex, the gore is high, and it looks fantastic.

Anyone see this? It's a real shot in the arm after watching lots of genre-specific tross recently, and I just loved it. Great performances, great writing, sweet climax, just a fantastic way to spend an hour and 40 mins :)

Edit - could a mod fix the typo in the title? *makes stupid face*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Hmm I dont seem to be able to edit the title. Ill look at it again later when im more awake. to early in the morning for me.

Regarding the film I have not seen it but it does sound good. Im sure when the list is finsihed we can have a discussion on what films did not make the list and perhaps should have.

A fantastic film and well deserving of inclusion on any best of list. Rupert Everett is nothing short of sublime in the film.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

That was a great movie, I must say. Picked it up on a lark and found it simply enthralling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Yeah that's a Soavi one. Watched it YEARS ago on Channel 4 and remember liking it alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

there fixed you title.OP

Still not seen the movie, its on my must watch though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement