Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Who season 5

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ah so the Silurians are back - not too surprising. I think they were pretty decent in the past (in S7 as pixelburp says). They were more intelligent bad guys and didn't just run around screaming trite catch phrases and fart. They did a pretty good job reviving the Sontarans so I'd be pretty hopeful.

Now when can we have some Ice Warriors? And, go on treat us, bring back Peladon's Alpha Centauri!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

As for the format of the ad, it is running in front of Alice In Wonderland 3D in the UK so that was going to be a big factor in how things went. For that reason alone it was never going to be a series of clips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

But that ad is rubbish. Rubbish. It's trying oh so hard to be "down with the kids". Enjoyed the other ad, not this. But then is it is in front of Alice... 3D then it would explain a lot.

Doesn't stop it being horrendous though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Dreadful ad - if I hadn't watched 30 seasons of the damned thing, I wouldn't watch it on the basis of that trailer. Far too cheesy - what a slap to "Blink" to see the Doctor wrestling with a Weeping Angel in a cheap SFX vortex. If I could, I'd use the Hand of Omega on the ad's creators!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ahhhh, it's a trailer on a 3D move. That explains a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

the original Christopher Eccleston trailer featured lots of explosions and fire and had no connection with the show that emerged at all.

Wonder if that music will be the new variation on the theme.

Oh, didnt like it, but i dont like anything so im no judge.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Oh and apparently Amy's engaged to some bloke back on earth, who will apparently also share the Tardis for a time (if the general site reporting is to be believed), so not sure there'll be any actual Doctor-companion goings on this time.

every one of Stephen Moffats Stories so far has had two companions in them, and it is something that he says works better then one, so that they can discuss him and he can seem more different to the humans, with that in mind I would expect a lot of two companion action. Week six is pencilled in as the second launch story this year, which I think means its the River Song two parter but Amys BF is also in the Tardis which pixeburp has said and he may stay around for the rest of the years run. Maybe the first five weeks just with Amy, then the last eight with two (or more).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭thegrove54

i liked the line that the doctor says at the end it just seems cool really looking forward to this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Flash86

I quite liked the ad. Was a little unusual maybe but there was nothing in it that made me worry about the upcoming series.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Ziggy_1972

Apparantly the new series starts Sat April 3rd.
    I like the look of the new doctor, very tweedy, with a dickie-bow and braces, like a professor from the '30s.
    It looks like Matt is going to put his own mark on the role, and not simply do an impersonation of DT.
    I'm optimistic.

• Advertisement

Ziggy_1972 wrote: »
    Apparantly the new series starts Sat April 3rd.

well thats the tradition anyway to start easter saturday, and its on the official site

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/features/bulletins/bulletin_100219_01

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭thegrove54

wonder if thats the new time vortex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Three more episodes confirmed:
    The Time Of Angels/Flesh And Stone (which will feature River Song)
    Vampires In Venice

The other titles are rumoured to be:
    The Museum Of Ghosts
    Circus Freaks/The Return Of The Siluran
    Vincent And The Doctor
    The Cyberman
    Everything Dies/The Rise Of The Rani

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    Three more episodes confirmed:
    The Time Of Angels/Flesh And Stone (which will feature River Song)
    Vampires In Venice
    Thats correct

The other titles are rumoured to be:
    The Museum Of Ghosts
    Circus Freaks/The Return Of The Siluran
    Vincent And The Doctor
    The Cyberman
    Everything Dies/The Rise Of The Rani

One and three of that is right AFAIK, but that last one cant be rigtht can it ?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

One and three of that is right AFAIK, but that last one cant be rigtht can it ?:eek:
    I don't know, that's why I said "rumoured" ;)

Although it's also been rumoured that
    The Rani
    would be returning in the past two seasons as well, so I'd be more surprised if it turned out to be true than if it turned out to be another red herring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Well I heard
    Anjili Mohindra was spotted on set so the story may revolve around her Sarah Jane Adventures character, Rani Chandra, rather then that red head that contributed to the demise of the classic series.

flazio wrote: »
    Well I heard
    Anjili Mohindra was spotted on set so the story may revolve around her Sarah Jane Adventures character, Rani Chandra, rather then that red head that contributed to the demise of the classic series.

i have never understood the fandom that person in the past you referred to in yonder spoiler has created, having seen all the eps that person was in. however, every bit of fanwank seems to inevitably feature that person, and RTD knew that, of course. :cool:

moffatt has said he no longer reads the forums :( (maybe he still reads ours -*waves*)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Haha,
    the Rani
    ? Please, that rumour has cropped up in between every series since the first of the new run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Just finished reading the SFX interview with the new Dr. One thing that struck me throughout, though it may be the way the photo's were taken, is that Matt bears a passing resemblance to Peter Davison, anyone else see it or am I need of a trip to specsavers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

cnt wait for this to be out it shall be good alot of people say hey what you watch that dr who **** for and i say well what about the **** u watch dr who aint **** at all should be interesting now that david tennent is gone he was the doctor for to long :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Balasubbie

Jessibelle wrote: »
    Just finished reading the SFX interview with the new Dr. One thing that struck me throughout, though it may be the way the photo's were taken, is that Matt bears a passing resemblance to Peter Davison, anyone else see it or am I need of a trip to specsavers?

Weird you mention that, I see it too and there's more, the whole transition
    process between Doctors 10 and 11 just strikes me as a rerun of the
    hullaballo that occured when Davison took over the shop in '81. Mind you,
    both Smith and Moffat seem to know where they're going from the off
    unlike Davison, who had to wait until his final story to really nail a
    characterisation of the Doctor. Up until 'Caves of Androzani' the deepest
    direction he was given was this; "Be really, really different to Tom"

p.s

I'll try to source the quotation later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Initial reaction to the first screening of the Eleventh hour seems good, the first link includes an interview with Matt Smith:

Blogtor Who

Blogtor Who

Critic review, it is the BBC, contains spoilers:

BBC News - Review: Matt Smith's first Doctor Who story

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Initial reaction to the first screening of the Eleventh hour seems good, the first link includes an interview with Matt Smith:

Blogtor Who

Blogtor Who

Critic review, it is the BBC, contains spoilers:

BBC News - Review: Matt Smith's first Doctor Who story

Blimey, you ain't half right:
    The Cybermen are returning? First I heard! I wonder if it's finally going to be "our" universe's cybermen, and not those Cybus ones.

There's a new clip available btw. It's not very spoiler'y either:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭nucking futs

April 3rd for the new series to start

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/2010/wk14/

And yet another trailer, this time revealing even more, including Spitfires attacking a dalek saucer in Earth's orbit. Which is nice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Bugger, thats a cybus cyberman.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭nucking futs

Bugger, thats a cybus cyberman.
    And they're in the parallel universe as well, remember the zepplins and square face on Big Ben? *sigh* Another reunion with Rose on the cards so
    :rolleyes::o:(

And they're in the parallel universe as well, remember the zepplins and square face on Big Ben? *sigh* Another reunion with Rose on the cards so
    :rolleyes::o:(
    That's not the parallel universe, that's ww2 london. Those are barrage balloons, which were a cheap & common way of prevent low level attack from planes. It's a shot from the ww2 Dalek story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭markw999

Personally I'm glad that the
    weeping angels
    are back. I loved their last appearance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Advertisement