Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No 37 Bus

Options
  • 20-12-2009 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Will the 37 bus terminus ever move to the town centre or if it does how will affect the service in Carpenterstown/Laurel Lodge. Its just the proposal to move the terminus to the link rd while its good for safety on the Diswellstown Rd I'm not sure its the best option.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Do you mean the Blanchardstown Centre? The 37 serves Castleknock and Carpenterstown so I would think that extending to route to Blanchardstown would be pretty unlikely.

On a more important note - has anyone noticed how badly cut back the 37 frequencies are in its new timetable?:(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 pondasher

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Do you mean the Blanchardstown Centre? The 37 serves Castleknock and Carpenterstown so I would think that extending to route to Blanchardstown would be pretty unlikely.

On a more important note - has anyone noticed how badly cut back the 37 frequencies are in its new timetable?:(:mad:

There is a lot of local lobbing to have the bus termininus moved from the people in Diswellstown. What I am concerned about is the effect on the service farther down in the Castleknock area

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

there's no need to move the 37 service.... where else are you going to put it? It'll then be overlapping the 39...

- Drav!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

They should link it up with the 39 service if only just sharing 1 stop in common.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

pondasher wrote: »
    Will the 37 bus terminus ever move to the town centre or if it does how will affect the service in Carpenterstown/Laurel Lodge. Its just the proposal to move the terminus to the link rd while its good for safety on the Diswellstown Rd I'm not sure its the best option.

isn't the 37 terminus meant to be moving to blanchardstown rd sth beside power city. its been in all the local papers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 pondasher

there's no need to move the 37 service.... where else are you going to put it? It'll then be overlapping the 39...

- Drav!

The 37 and the 39 only merge at the Ashtown Roundabout, The 37 services all of Castleknock, Laurel Lodge, Carpenterstown and Diswellstown The 39 was moved from the Castleknock area years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

thomasj wrote: »
    isn't the 37 terminus meant to be moving to blanchardstown rd sth beside power city. its been in all the local papers.
    Yes it is - you can see the location of the two bus stops on opposite sides of the road behind Power City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

few years maybe...

Advertisement