Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snow.

• 20-12-2009 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Snowing in KIlmaley district :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Same in Sixmilebridge.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

In the Ennis area it snowed a bit as well, roads are well dodgy this morning, I'd imagine there's a lot of people stranded around the county

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Clareman wrote: »
    In the Ennis area it snowed a bit as well, roads are well dodgy this morning, I'd imagine there's a lot of people stranded around the county
    Im stranded. I have yet to see a car pass the gate which is not a good sign. I am more fearfull of not being able to get back as I am on the top of a hill.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Im stranded. I have yet to see a car pass the gate which is not a good sign. I am more fearfull of not being able to get back as I am on the top of a hill.

well I won't be running to you (see what I did there with your username :pac:)

I was out in Kilmaley yesterday at around 2ish the roads were not good then, where about are you back there? I hope you have plenty of supplies in, beer and crisps are a necessity this time of year

Clareman wrote: »
    well I won't be running to you (see what I did there with your username :pac:)

I was out in Kilmaley yesterday at around 2ish the roads were not good then, where about are you back there? I hope you have plenty of supplies in, beer and crisps are a necessity this time of year
    Im a good bit off the beaten track from KIlmailey although still considered a part of the parish.

Supplies consist of 4 Ltrs of milk, 4 cans of beer, bottle of Vodka, Ltr of Whiskey, 2 Ltrs of Coke, various cereals and a sack of potatoes. :)

If things get dire its about a 4 km walk to civilization.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,606 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

It didn't really snow in ennis but the ice was immense this morning. My driveway is a short but steep hill, it took me 40 minutes to get my car out of the driveway this morning. (had to push it in the end)

Roads around Orchard lane were deadly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Buckled myself twice in the same spot outside my house today - my arse is killing me

exiot wrote: »
    Buckled myself twice in the same spot outside my house today - my arse is killing me

I had to read that twice, I thought the first letter in the sentence was f the first time I read it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

The road outside my house is full of black ice!
    Thank God for the grass growing in the middle of the smaller roads in Ballyea. It can keep a car grounded :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Travelling down to East Clare tomorrow.Does anybody know if the Birdhill to Broadford road is passable at the moment? Any advise would be much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,606 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

PWEI wrote: »
    Travelling down to East Clare tomorrow.Does anybody know if the Birdhill to Broadford road is passable at the moment? Any advise would be much appreciated.

I don't know about that particular road, but broadford to O Briens Bridge is absolutely lethal

Crashed my bastard car yesterday..will surely cost me a fortune..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Crashed my bastard car yesterday..will surely cost me a fortune..

Sorry to hear that hope you're ok!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭eddiehobbs

PWEI wrote: »

I travel that road most days and bridgetown to broadford in particular is lethal with this type of weather and for anyone that can, I would avoid if at all possible. Also in montpelier you should be extremely carefull as you come down the hill on the road from birdhill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Well I attempted to go from Birdhill to Broadford on Christmas Eve.Birdhill to O'Briens Bridge was fine but once I got to Bridgetown I had to turn back as the road was so bad.I headed to Barry's cross and from there to Broadford.That road wasn't great much better than the other route.But the worst part of my entire journey from Dublin was from Broadford to O'C Mills via Doon Lake.It was like driving on glass,they haven't gritted the road at all from Broadford to Tulla via the Mills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Roads very bad tonight folks, stay in and watch TV

It looks like it is going to snow heavy this evening. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Last time I'm going to wish for a white christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ohdatlewis

Anyone know what the weather is like in Ennis and what the forecast is like there for the weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

The weather is ok - cold but nothing like Christmas, main roads are fine, just take your time. Some of the roads around housing estates are still bad so slow right down before you drive into them. Also a lot of of the paths are lethal. In fact you're probably better off walking on road than on footpath!

I walked into town yesterday at lunch, one half of kilrush road fine cos it's in the sun the other side very bad so I walked down the road. Got as far as market square where I slipped and went smack on my ass and banged my head off the pavement - not a nice event especially when 5 months pregnant :mad: . Fair play to the old man and 2 women that gave me a lift back up! It happened just outside the carpark, obviously the owners hadn't done anything to get rid of the ice a the entrance :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 onedoubleo

Most of the schools are closed only the CBS in Ennis is so far but most of the schools outside of Ennis are closed until Monday at least.

Here is the link for full list: http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0106/schools.html

Most say they are closed until Monday but with the weather likely to continue for another week and this weekend could be the coldest so far I wouldn't be banking on a return that soon.

From http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055789751
    National and Secondary Schools in Clare to remain closed until Monday the 11th of January.
    Raheen Wood Steiner National School and Raheen Wood Steiner School .
    Ferglin National School, Lahinch.
    Gaelschoil Uí Choimin, Kilrush
    St. Patrick's Comprehensive Shannon
    St Caimin's Community School in Shannon
    Mol an Oige Steiner School Ennistymon
    Clonlara National School,
    St Michael's Community College Kilmihil
    Tullycrine National School
    CBS in Ennis (national)
    Saint Senan's Kilrush
    Barefield, Drumgeedus National School,
    Cranny National School
    Carron and Broadford National Schools
    St Joseph's Secondary School in Tulla.
    Bridgetown NS
    St John Bosco Community College Kildysart
    Kildysart National School
    Toonagh National School
    Lissycasey National School,
    Kilnamona National School,
    Ennistymon National School,
    Knockanean National School,
    Cloonanaha National School,
    Inagh National School,
    Scarrif Community College,
    Kilfenora National School
    Coolmeen National School
    Newquay National School
    Kilrush Community School
    Saint Munchin’s College in Corbally
    Doolin NS
    Caherea National School
    Ballynacally National School
    Kilnaboy National School will be closed tomorrow due to a lack of water but it hopes to reopen on Friday

Snowing in Ennis:D:D:D:D

I looked out the window around 11 (when Iron Man was starting) and it was just normal frost, now there's a fairly heavy dusting of snow out there

Getting heavy and starting to stick in Kilmailey district.

I was planning on having a nice day in front of the TV and leave the snow behind the closed curtains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Snowing all over the shop, and its not as cold as it was over the last few days.

I work in Limerick how bad do the roads have to be before I say I cant make it in????

I'm thinkin roads are going to be very dangerous tomorrow.....

Advertisement