Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to turn Steel shed into office

Options
  • 21-12-2009 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi
    I have a corrugated steel shed beside the house,that i want to use as an office.It's 8m x 4m x 3m high.I would like to install a wood-stove in the centre of it,with the chimney pipe going straight up and out through the roof.I will have to insulate it somehow,so i've been considering putting up a framework of 2''x4''s,walls,floor and ceiling with 400mm centers and putting the insulation between the timbers then covering the framework with tongue and groove chipboard.I reckon structurally this will work out fine.I have p.v.c windows and a door that i will fit,so ventilation is sorted.What im wondering about is,how will i deal with the moisture that will condense on the inside surface of the corrugated steel?I've seen sheds where plastic sheeing was put on the inside which i thought was to deal with moisture,but where does the moisture go to?I presume it runs down onto the ground where it pools,which i wouldnt be happy with.I suppose sprayed foam insulation would work,but im not willing to do any thing permanent.Anything i install i want to be able to uninstall.Any money i put into it i want to have the option to take back out of it.
    The chimney would have to go out through the corrugated steel and insulation panel somehow,i havent decided how i would do this either.
    I know this is probably a fairly strange thing to be doing,but the shed is there,its in perfect condition and ive no other use for it,so why not.
    Any feedback will be gladly appreciated.Even if it's to tell me i'm a doofus!Anything is better than nothing.

Advertisement