Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet threads in After Hours

Options
  • 21-12-2009 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I have a thread in AH, but I was pointed here.

Toilet threads were banned in AH previously, but when the new charter was put up they weren't included. I was just wondering if they could be banned again because they're disgusting.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

I'll repeat what I posted in the original thread. ;)
    Perhaps there should be just one "sticky" TT so that all the shít is in one place.

I can't remember the last time I clicked into one.. Works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Can't it be confined to tCN or somewhere?

We don't need threads like that in After Hours

We could move them to the Mustard Forum? It could do with the traffic and it's not completely dissimilar to *.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Exactly. If ya don't like it don't read the thread. It's not like its a confusing title. Just don't read something you know you won't like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Can't we confine it to maybe one thread at the front page? So we don't get an overload. Cause sometimes we gotta talk about abolutions, after all, we spend a third of our life on the toilet bowl.*

*This statistic is not real, for 99% of the general population, and only .01% of the boards population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm with the OP, they're pretty damned stupid IMO.

I'll rarely click on them, but thats beside the point because sometimes the toilet thread title over steps the marks of common decency anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

brummytom wrote: »

We don't need them in TCN either. They don't belong in any forum and should just be consigned to the Recycle Bin imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I hate those threads.
    Toilet humour can be funny if it crops up now and again in a thread.
    But a thread dedicated to the opening of said posters bowels is not funny or wanted, imo.

Time and a place and all that.

/ Inside toilet, door plus marker...

brummytom wrote: »

No! tCN is far too sophisticated for that shít!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Hee hee hee, "toilet"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Just give them a toilet forum and leave them at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I just never enter any thread authored by Flutterin Baum. except to try and convince him to grow the **** up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I don't like threads about dead celebs, politics or how taxi drivers are ripping people off. Maybe I'll have a whinge and try get them banned. Or I could just not read the threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

This is true but sometimes it might be about something completely different and FB will come in and tell us all about some mammoth dump he just had. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Kinetic^ wrote: »

+1.

Let them eat poo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Kinetic^ wrote: »

+2

You could call it "Pauls"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

As disgusting as some people think poo threads are, im just after leaving a pig farm about an hour ago. How bad i smell right now is worth a thread in itself. The fact i have no access to a shower for at least another 4 hours is sincerely worrying.

I smell so bad that i can smell myself.

Im off to PI :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Thats not a nice term to use for Templemore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

There's a particular poster who is allowed to post toilet threads because it's a stupid gimmick he invented for himself. Toilet threads aren't officially banned but we all know that if I posted a toilet thread it would be locked. Why is it that one of the "good old boys" has carte blanche to do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

FB will tell you himself he's far from one of the old boys.

He gets carte blanche once a month-which will still kill off the self appointed meme quite fast, as we can see.

Can people just not click on something they don't want to see?

Or shall we put even more rules in AH?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Aaah the relief.

I hate threads from 16 year old kids, threads about celebrities, threads about pop music, threads about whether I enjoy kissing or not, threads about Bouncers /DJs/bands/night clubs.

Let's ban those

They are childish and nonsensical and utterly stupid.

The same auld names and numbers keep coming up, the same po faced posters who couldn't put together a half decent witty reply to anything. keep cropping up.

+1 ,is about as creative as they get.

The stupid punners, jesus how painfull are those, and somebody thinks they are great. Sweet lamb of.....:confused:

Got news for those people...pathetic.

if you don't like TTs don't read them,, boards.ie isn't put together as a custom unit just for YOU

Maybe if you used any modicum of intelligence you have or don't have you might be even able to make some decisions for yourselves rather than bleating like sheep in Feedback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I have never understood the toilet humor 'ment to shock ' threads and yes AH is cluttered up with so many shyte threads of late that would have one think it's mainly populated by 14 years old teens with excess acne .

I thought that this thread had been flushed away, but it's floated back to the top...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Latchy wrote: »
    I have never understood the toilet humor 'ment to shock ' threads and yes AH is cluttered up with so many shyte threads of late that would have one think it's mainly populated by 14 years old teens with excess acne .

I have just checked the first seven pages of AH and no TTs anywhere to be seen.

Maybe you are on the Wesley Disco forum by mistake:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Jeeze you didn't have to go to all that trouble . Replace AH with Boards.ie so

Maybe the Thunderdrome was quiet tonight :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

It was of course suggested that there should be a toilet forum

I couldnt give a sh1t to be honest. I see some truely annoying crap on AH at times and toilet threads do not even come close to them.

If you don't like it, hit backspace, problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

We don't need them in TCN either. They don't belong in any forum and should just be consigned to the Recycle Bin imo.

True, a lot of threads that should go to the recycle bin/elsewhere are shunted to TCN.

And too often the person that moves it doesn't bother to say what forum it has come, probably because they are moving it to TCN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Perhaps you've just been constipated and fibre deficient of late. Hence why theres been no activities to share with us :pac:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Carpet

Advertisement