Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet threads in After Hours

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

The-Rigger wrote: »
    True, a lot of threads that should go to the recycle bin/elsewhere are shunted to TCN.

There's not nearly enough of it, as far as I'm concerned. C'mon, y'pansies!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I think we should ban all after hours threads from after hours and move them to tCN instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

are Mary Harney Jokes toilet humour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I think we should ban all after hours threads from after hours and move them to tCN instead.

Oh, the natives would love it. Go on, after getting your bits out for charity in this weather you KNOW you want to take it out on someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

brummytom wrote: »
    We don't need threads like that in After Hours

Did anyone else laugh out loud at this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I dare say toilet threads are a helluva lot more entertaining then the bile that has been occupying the pages of After Hours for the last month. Time of the year or a general decline? I've found myself posting less and less in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Aidric wrote: »
    I dare say toilet threads are a helluva lot more entertaining then the bile that has been occupying the pages of After Hours for the last month. Time of the year or a general decline? I've found myself posting less and less in there.
    So you would prefer to hear about someones mammoth dump and how it burnt their hole and crusty cling-ons?

Nah! You've just seen it all already, threads come around again and again with the same subject matter. Bit like chatting in the pub!

Kiera wrote: »
    So you would prefer to hear about someones mammoth dump and how it burnt their hole and crusty cling-ons?
    Dump%201.JPG

hole.jpg

klingons_3.jpg

This would make an interesting, discussion!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Now and again its entertaining. I think you know my general point was more about the decline in quality threads in after hours.

• Advertisement

Now and again its entertaining. I think you know my general point was more about the decline in quality threads in after hours.

Have a look in the archives, quality!!! :D or should it be :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

No you made your point well, but you also said you prefer toilet threads to the crap (pardon the pun) in AH atm.

I asked if you would rather someone talking about what comes out their arse in a graphic manner to something more fun like "where was your first kiss and what was it like?"?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

No you made your point well, but you also said you prefer toilet threads to the crap (pardon the pun) in AH atm.

I asked if you would rather someone talking about what comes out their arse in a graphic manner to something more fun like "where was your first kiss and what was it like?"?
    I sure as hell would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

A mass ignoring of them should do the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

AH is or should be, the community. Let people vote with their touchpads if they don't like something.

Expressing an opinion on the thread need not be a call to anarchy either, if people feel they have to comment on it, they should be allowed to do so.

There are too many rules in AH already, it should be a lot more free flowing (not a pun, honest guv), and the community should be allowed to express (not a pun either) their say without being locked down by some over zealous nocturnal net cop.

Simple is the way to go, but complaining about the content is a waste of time, 'cos at the end of the day, it's user generated.

Doesn't have to be /b/, but getting bogged down in pedantry is not A Good Thing either :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

Have a look in the archives, quality!!! :D or should it be :rolleyes:

Aye. People seem to hark back to some glorious ideal of what AH used to be like, when it was worse than a youtube comment thread at one stage, and equally incomprehensible.

So what would your solution be? Genuinely, like. Peronally, I'd prefer the latter, even if it has been done a million times before, but once the former was within the realm of good taste (ideal benchmark: could you read this at work without getting your p45?) I don't see any reason not to throw it to the floor and let it take its course. There's no obligation to click on every thread, IOW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

brummytom wrote: »
    Can't it be confined to tCN or somewhere?

We don't need threads like that in After Hours

"you" turned into "we" very quickly there Tom, fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Hopefully the Mods in AH will not listen to any bulldust from that quarter Teebs.

AH was the way it was long before any of these people came around , and now they are trying to make the rules.:eek:

Exercise a bit of common sense, if you don't like something don't click it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hopefully the Mods in AH will not listen to any bulldust from that quarter Teebs.

AH was the way it was long before any of these people came around , and now they are trying to make the rules.:eek:

Exercise a bit of common sense, if you don't like something don't click it.

Hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Yes hopefully:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement