Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

December 21st is gone --thankfully

• 21-12-2009 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭

Yippee

At least the days will slowly get longer again ....:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Simplicius wrote: »
    Yippee

At least the days will slowly get longer again ....:D

i like the short days :D

and the 21th is only started, so tecnically it isnt over yet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Not for me - its my 30th birthday - long may it last!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Solstice isn't till 17:47 when we'll be tilted furthest from the sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

ummm...isnt the 21st just starting? Anyway, i dont mind the short days...makes me think about more atmospheric stuff, and makes that "golden hour" easier to catch at night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Thank God. The days have been so dark and miserable. I haven't taken too many photos, so some brighter evenings are very welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

have found the short days quite nice. Surprised I haven't been more down-in-the-dumps about them.Maybe its because I spent last christmas in Australia - 36 degrees on christmas day?No thanks pal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

I'm enjoying the longest day here:D Really everyone should move to the southern hemisphere for the winter doncha know.

greetings from NZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

I'm enjoying the longest day here:D Really everyone should move to the southern hemisphere for the winter doncha know.

greetings from NZ

Please BAN !!:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

greetings from NZ

haha (grrrr). I was in Melbourne for christmas one year. Very surreal experience. You've not seen anything until you've seen people dressed in full on reindeer suits staggering around and collapsing from heat exhaustion in the 35c summer. Shop windows full of fake snow and christmas trees. They try, bless them, they try so hard :D

But yeah, back OT, I'll be happily lighting up the tree at 6 today to celebrate the solstice. This winter for some reason I've found particularly grim. I suspect it's the addition of a kid to the mix, there's no telling him he can't go to the park at 6 o clock because it's so dark he'll probably just run into a tree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Can't stand the dark days; Dark when I leave for work, dark when I get home from work. I could handle one or the other, but both is a pain in the ass. I get to look at the sun from the comfort of my office window. Whoop-de-doo.

It's weird though. I know it's going to be February before I even notice, thinking, "Jaysus the evenings are getting longer" and the before I know it, it's June 21st again :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 dimple_smile

No no no.. its my birthday so may it go on as long as possible :D:p:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Shortest day(light) = longest night = party on ! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Night swimming deserves a quiet night

The photograph on the dashboard, taken years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Yes, but if you can get out during the day look at this, lovely blue skies in the midlands, east and south

nat01_weather.png?2103

And OT, found this funny, expect FREEZIN' FOG on Wednesday! :D

nat02_weather.png?2103

Chances are this post will not be valid after the weather has been updated :(

Advertisement