Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's actually not that bad...

• 21-12-2009 4:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

I went out tonight and stayed sober. Come January, I plan on staying sober for all of 2010. I have went out before and stayed sober, and had an alright night but tonight was pretty damn good. Normally, I need a drink or two to get in the mood to dance as I kinda feel a bit awkward when doing it sober.... but tonight was different. Also, I really LOVE the fact that I spent 10 euro, instead of 100-150. Hmm... quality of life improving. Why didn't I do this years ago? :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Polar Girl

Fair play to you. I am a quiet enough person and find it hard to unwind on a night out unless there is alcohol involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭booksale

yes, support you. and after a year, maybe you can buy a yourself an expensive/romantic/exciting trip to somewhere you like.!!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Thanks guys. 2010 is the year my life gets back on track after being in limbo for a while so this is badly needed. :) I'll have some red wine with dinner on Christmas day but I think that will be the extent of my festive drinking this year. I excite!

Question: What do you guys normally drink when you're out? I'm trying to keep the calories down in my diet, so I don't want to drink non alcoholic beer. I'm a bit worried about drinking too much orange juice/cranberry juice, and I'm not really gone on coke/pepsi/7up. I guess I could survive on one orange juice and one cranberry juice when I'm out. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭booksale

hi, cranberry juice is healthy and good to your heart. no worries about it i guess...?!

Yeah cranberry is a good option. Although If I'm out and not drinking I would go for a mixture of cranberry alternating with pints of Mi-wadi to keep the calories down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Hadn't thought of Mi Wadi, nice one. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭zero_nine

Tonic water and lime (cordial or fresh) is decent

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭R_overs1

Yer nuts. The lotta ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

diet 7 up/coke/ or just water. there's loads of unenecessary calories in orange juice/cordial/soft drinks. good luck with 2010 op.

yeah but diet drinks contain a lot of Aspartame. I'd rather take my chances with the others.

• Advertisement
Advertisement