Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know anything about new noodle bar?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kevcos

Ah so the proprietors are Welsh eh; the world renowned connoisseurs and exponents of Asian styled cuisine.:rolleyes:

.......... waiting for a Boardies to post a example of some Paddy starting up a Aussie bush tucker restaurant, or the like!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Fair enough, its your call i really dont care what you think, knock yourself out elsewhere foodwise so:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Got something on saturday night after a night out. I'm still alive and as far as I remember it was nice so will probably go back :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 galwayguy2005

got a green curry there yesterday, was very good. one of the nicest ive had, portion was generous enough to, didnt try any of the starters but the chicken wings looked good is well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I dont know if they're going to last, literally the last 5 times Ive gone past there have been zero customers in there, God knows what the rent is in Eyre Square but I doubt they're paying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 patreco_m

yo iv eaten in that street wok place and its lully you gotta have sticky beef its sooooo good and its healthy some thing like 5% fat but its fast food and it doesnt matter about fat really! i love it! iv tryed every thing in there and am craving one right now! :p and you kevcos or what ever your called how many noodle bars have you eaten in anyway? and i just dear you to give it another. its beets the hell outa macy dees or supermax crap for a change.

patreco_m wrote: »
    yo iv eaten in that street wok place and its lully you gotta have sticky beef its sooooo good and its healthy some thing like 5% fat but its fast food and it doesnt matter about fat really! i love it! iv tryed every thing in there and am craving one right now! :p and you kevcos or what ever your called how many noodle bars have you eaten in anyway? and i just dear you to give it another. its beets the hell outa macy dees or supermax crap for a change.

:confused:

http://dictionary.reference.com/

Do you by any chance own or work in the new Noodle place patreco_m?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jack Daniels I

patreco_m wrote: »
    ive been to your establishment and it sucks donkey balls.shameless self promotion gets you nowhere here pal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I haven't tried the new place but if you want nice noodle dish I'd recommend the place by Spanish Arch that used to be Lemongrass. Lunch there is reasonable price. They do a lovely noodle, mixed meat dish.
    Haven't been there in a while but I'm hungry thinking of it.
    Dinner is same dishes as lunch but a lot more expensive (€17ish compared to about a tenner)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 quagmire78

I've eaten there and its crap!!! Actually there was a thread here on boards a few weeks ago slating it. When i went in, they actually had no noodles, bloody rediculous!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 lukonmaki

just been there... cold nudles and cold sweet and sour sauce, a drink and a cup of tea for 9 quid...! friendly guy there but im sound for mates right now... gave me no reason whatsoever to ever go back... wont last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

wanted chicken teriyaki, got green curry with one sliver of chicken amongst the noodls. IAF, it was tasty but not what I ordered

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Why didn't you change it for what you ordered?

Mactard wrote: »
    Why didn't you change it for what you ordered?
    I had had a few ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ahhhhhh it all makes sense :D

Does it be open at kicking out time in Eyre Square? Does it be busy if it is?

Try it again today, got sweet and sour pork with rice and noodles. Not great at all, would give it 3.5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

The staff haven't a bloody clue in there either as others have pointed out. I would give them the benefit of the doubt if it was the opening week or whatever but myself and the GF went in last week. She has a dietary requirement and just asked what would be safe for her to eat. All the staff asked around to each other and none of them had a clue they just shrugged and said "Nothing I suppose." Then I went up and of course ( as seems a likely trend with this place ) they were all sold out. Food wasn't too bad but definitely not worth the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

lol, this is like the anti-milkshake bar thread.

That place, everyone went nuts over how good it was and waxed lyrical about what different flavours they'd tried and how they were going to attempt a coronary by visiting bk for lunch and milkshake for dessert.

And to be fair, even though I've only had 3 milkshakes, they have all been fantastic.

This thread is the exact opposite. I'll say it again folks - you've saved me the bother of finding out myself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I love that Milk Shake Bar lol After Eight Milkshake after a night out is simply heaven. But agreed the Noodle Bar sucks. Pity too as there's been a rapid decline in decent Chinese/noodle Takeaways in Town as of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Well, let's hope the noodle place takes these suggestions and advice to heart.
    Thanks everyone for contributing :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement