Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band forming, pensioners welcome.

Options
  • 21-12-2009 8:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Have you ever been turned away because you were too old and might destroy the ‘image’ of a band no matter how good you were as a musician and singer?. Well then its time for us oldies to make our own band. All you need is to be proficient on your instrument, be able to sing and be over 50. Ballads, trad, Country, 60’s 70’s and 80’s and up tempo oldies music. No dreary dirges here, remember ‘we don’t like a dead one in ould Ballymo’.
    I am based in the Thurles area and this is my new project. If you live far away you will need your own transport. There are no gigs lined up and nothing is promised except good music and songs played by experienced players and we will take it from there and see what happens. I really believe there is a market for such a band. Email me at tombman100@go.com
    Kind regards.
    [FONT=&quot] Tom.[/FONT]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Well done - I hope you get a better response locally than you got here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Not our fault if were all to young for the band.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 winterchickens

Sorry sonny, you're too young. No spring chickens wanted only winter ones. We dont want to be wet nursing any forty year olds. They are too immature.
    Regards.
    Tom.

Advertisement