Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Striking and Closing Space

Options
  • 21-12-2009 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Been trying to learn dirty boxing for the longest, was happy to find Couture's stuff, but I had an issue because it really didn't teach you how to avoid getting hit while coming in, counter punch and defense when your not throwing blows. Fred Mathakie directed me to for MMA and I was impressed, it really filled in some gaps that I always wanted to know as a wrestler when it came to striking and closing space. Now Im looking for places to test it out, any takers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Im confused :confused:
    Are you just advertising the site or looking for a club to train in?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Been trying to learn dirty boxing for the longest, was happy to find Couture's stuff, but I had an issue because it really didn't teach you how to avoid getting hit while coming in, counter punch and defense when your not throwing blows. Fred Mathakie directed me to ..... for MMA and I was impressed, it really filled in some gaps that I always wanted to know as a wrestler when it came to striking and closing space. Now Im looking for places to test it out, any takers?

Who are you?
    where are you based and do you want to test out your take downs against a resisting striker?

If your near my way i'd be a guinea pig for ya, might help me learn something..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

Its actually quite a hard area to get good info on and a very important one

That stuff looks like a mix of traditional boxing, wing chung and dronken monkey

I suppose the proof of the pudding is in the eating. You gotta ask who is providing results using the system. I saw Rashad in there but I wouldn't consider him a great striker. Good but not great

Advertisement