Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest Place to buy Xbox 360

• 21-12-2009 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Lads my Xbox 360 went over the weekend and going to buy a replacement today.

Where the cheapest place to buy a new xbox 360 in Dublin (City Center)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Mick, check out Dunnes Stores, our local one in Balbriggan has the Arcade Console down to €139, not sure if it is available in all stores though.

But could be worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mick84

Cheers jimbob_jones ill have a look in Dunnes and Tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭j14

HMV have the Arcade for €129 this week only.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 -El-Nino-

I'm the same as mick, lookin to buy one this week, where is the best deal for an elite and a game? I've heard HMV do good deals but I havn't heard any prices on deals

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Check out this link, lots of prices for lots of shops, check in stores though because these prices are changing nearly daily.

http://www.gamersireland.ie/?p=1054

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭kildareman09

in hmv on friday ther was an elite with a choice of 1 game from cod mw2 forza 3 fifa 10 and think d other 1 was nfs shift for 239

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Think I saw the arcade in game stop yesterday for 99 euro!! Didn't read the whole deal so not sure if there's a catch to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Hi All - Just wanted to bump this thread to hear of any tips on where to buy now that Christmas has passed and we are heading into January......

- Any sign of bargains coming up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭howiya

What's the difference between the arcade and the elite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

howiya wrote: »
    What's the difference between the arcade and the elite?

The Elite has a 120gb hard drive. This allows you in install games to the hard drive (make it run slightly faster) and allows you download trail games, add on levels etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭shanec1928

99 for arcade and 150 for elite in game stop only seen the poster so their could be a catch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jacekb

Game Stop's 99/149 offer is valid only when you trade in 3 particular games with them. Otherwise it's regular price (not too good).

You may want to check HMV (Henry St), last week they had Arcades for 129,99 and Elites for 179,99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    The Elite has a 120gb hard drive. This allows you in install games to the hard drive (make it run slightly faster) and allows you download trail games, add on levels etc.
    Can ya only do this on elite? I had the pro and was able to get demos and add on's. Have an elite now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

You can do all that on any xbox. Just the Elite comes with a big hard drive, arcade only has a tiny memory card.

If people are replacing a broken one they'll probably have a hard drive already they can just stick that on an arcade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

EGriff wrote: »
    You can do all that on any xbox. Just the Elite comes with a big hard drive, arcade only has a tiny memory card.

If people are replacing a broken one they'll probably have a hard drive already they can just stick that on an arcade.

Any crafty routes?

HD off Ebay and buy an Arcade for pennies somewhere else?

- New to this but a PC Builder for years.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JASA

Hi there,

I think you cannot play online with Xbox Arcade as you need a hard drive to do it.
    If you are going to get one check it in the shop just in case.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

139.99 for an arcade in Dunnes seen it today in the square Tallaght.

Advertisement