Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (21/12/09) (Scattered snow showers today)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Not even with the jeep?

Gee... There go my extra fuel supplies then.... And Christmas treats..

Ah well..
    irish1967 wrote: »
    Very picturesque.. live on a back road not far away... been stuck in since 3pm yesterday.. no gritting up in the back roads !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

light drizzle here now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Hi All,

Been looking at the radar today, showers don't seem to be as intence as yeaterday's by looks of things.

Got about 3 cm's of snow last night after I went to bed by looks of things, just over an inch now, verrrrrry sloooowly melting tho!!

Intertesting that the likes of Dromahair and Ballinamore which have reported double - if not tripple what we have here in Enniskillen is only 20/30 miles, if that as the crow flies!! Amaising just how the showers effect 1 place, and not another reletivly close!!

Clouds rolling in from the North, from the Letterkenny/Castlederg direction, looks as they may just miss us.:(

Will have to wait and see what the rest of the day brings!!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Drakmord

Extremely sunny in Galway.
    2.3 Degrees.
    Heading home for the Christmas holidays today. Hopefully we'll get some snow in North East Cork ^^.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Gonzo wrote: »
    light drizzle here now

Reckon there could be some freezing fog later around these parts.

Got that literal sprinkling of snow last nite, probably about 50 flakes but still on the ground here!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Regarding the link to that "Sat 24" page, was this it??

http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=gb&sat=ir&type=loop

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

So ironic that you who do such wonderful work are not getting snow..
    Reckon there could be some freezing fog later around these parts.

Got that literal sprinkling of snow last nite, probably about 50 flakes but still on the ground here!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Shower missed me by half mile. I am presently dragging my entire house across fields and roads:rolleyes:

Hmm dont think we will get the 1000 posts today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 burkieboy

Reports in south england that the rain turning to heavy snow ;);)

• Advertisement

Light snow again Donegal Town

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

irish1967 wrote: »
    Hmm dont think we will get the 1000 posts today

You never know, as the day streches on, people might do less in work and go back to snow watch. I know I will once I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Haven't seen a single flake of snow yet and I don't expect I will, but it's been fun watching this all unfold. :pac:

And it's only December afterall, hopefully there's plenty more left in this winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Hail in Letterkenny.Most schools are closed,brings me back:D

Got up this morning,or afternoon rather and the place looked the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Drakmord wrote: »
    Extremely sunny in Galway.
    2.3 Degrees.
    Heading home for the Christmas holidays today. Hopefully we'll get some snow in North East Cork ^^.

Yes very sunny in Galway and the local radio forecast just said frequent snow showers for Galway they haven't got a clue
    also there appears to be alot of lightning to the north and northwest of Ireland anyone know if it could be heading our way later?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

snowing lightly here. 1.5c. Only a slight thaw so far today

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

1c here in Waterford, my windscreen was still frozen at lunch time.

The frost has melted in some places where the sun has been, but everything else is still sparkly festive white, its lovely, a few flakes would be nice though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Hi All,

Been looking at the radar today, showers don't seem to be as intence as yeaterday's by looks of things.

Got about 3 cm's of snow last night after I went to bed by looks of things, just over an inch now, verrrrrry sloooowly melting tho!!

Intertesting that the likes of Dromahair and Ballinamore which have reported double - if not tripple what we have here in Enniskillen is only 20/30 miles, if that as the crow flies!! Amaising just how the showers effect 1 place, and not another reletivly close!!

Clouds rolling in from the North, from the Letterkenny/Castlederg direction, looks as they may just miss us.:(

Will have to wait and see what the rest of the day brings!!

It will be interesting to see if the clouds you mention drop anything here in Dromahair. The sky definitely clouded over there a little while ago but it looks to be moving south.. don't think (in my decidedly amateur opinion) that it will drop anything here but time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

sky gone very dark to west. Snow turned to sleet :confused:

edit: now heavy snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

light snow on and off here. the temperature has struggled up to 1.5c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

Gone very dark with snowy clouds overhead D12. Fingers crossed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Woke up this morning to see very light snow sitting on the ground along with a frost. Not really much to write about. Most of its gone now. Hopefully we'll get some more tonight. Very cold outside now! In Navan btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

neil2304 wrote: »
    Gone very dark with snowy clouds overhead D12. Fingers crossed ;)
    Been like that in Meath all day. Snow sky. Bitterly cold. Ice not melting. But nothing falling:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Heard there was 6 inches in leitrim, that seems to have got the brunt of the snowfall, anything west turned to rain or sleet all weekend ,still raining here in donegal, the frost last night was very bad ,everywhere is like an ice rink, and still is , the mountains are covered in snow but in lower ground it just has the snow that fell on saturday night, its sticking around a while, so the snow they are talking about on met eireann that is coming is just gona fall as rain in south donegal is it? The snow probably heading for leitrim again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Snowing here now,heavy then light then back to heavy!!Fairly heavy as a type now:D

Iam guarnteed snow a christmas,it might fall but there will be snow on the ground,takes about a week longer than anywhere else to melt.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

snowing in Letterkenny again, gone very dark and looks like there is a good bit in the sky

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »
    Heard there was 6 inches in leitrim, that seems to have got the brunt of the snowfall, anything west turned to rain or sleet all weekend ,still raining here in donegal, the frost last night was very bad ,everywhere is like an ice rink, and still is , the mountains are covered in snow but in lower ground it just has the snow that fell on saturday night, its sticking around a while, so the snow they are talking about on met eireann that is coming is just gona fall as rain in south donegal is it? The snow probably heading for leitrim again!

Pangea do you live near the sea? either way you should considering moving to upland less heartache in these situations that way:)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Pangea wrote: »

Bit of sleet about a half an hour ago here. Snow still lying here from Saturday, can't see it thawing out to much. Hoping for something this evening as it gets colder.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

GFS 12Z giving plenty of precipitation for Dublin on Wednesday/Thursday (a low forms just off the coast and travels over SE Ireland), if it came to be it would be borderline between rain, sleet and snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yea i would definately take it Pat.

Pressure isnt't too tight so winds would be kept down abit.

Although probably just snow from 5 miles from the coast, but i'll take the precip and worry bout the temps when it arrives.

Dewpoints do looks positive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement