Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (21/12/09) (Scattered snow showers today)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

Good evening all
    from listening to the eagle, "not sure what will happen" dose that sound like we might have a battle ground situation on are hands on thurs/fri :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

roryc1 wrote: »
    Good evening all
    from listening to the eagle, "not sure what will happen" dose that sound like we might have a battle ground situation on are hands on thurs/fri :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNB1EUJg1-w :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Breakdown snow can be amazing, only problem is it can be go one way or another and you never know until its over really. Still a hour or two of serious snow before Rain would be nice to see. Freezing Fog could be serious over the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hey my dad said he just heard on rte radio that the forecasting snow for south on Wednesday?! Just watched tv forecast tho and no mention of it. Oh I hope we get some!:)

leahyl wrote: »
    Hey my dad said he just heard on rte radio that the forecasting snow for south on Wednesday?! Just watched tv forecast tho and no mention of it. Oh I hope we get some!:)

Hey welcome back Leahyl!
    Rougies wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

We haven't had any snow since this morning, will we get more this evening, tonight ?? I see there's some rain moving down from the North West, any chances of it bringing us snow ?? Can never have enough snow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

RainToday suggesting snow showers bubbling up in east Cork, Waterford, and south Tipp areas at the moment

More likely WiFi interference or is something happening ? Anyone in Callan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A small low is expected to move up from the south up into the irish sea through Wednesday but its such a fickle thing that it won't be suggested in forecasts till tomorrow due to uncertainty.

It could be the snow the east crave for, how far north it gets and how marginal it will be are up in the air.

What are you trying to say :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

mild 2c maxes arnt mild is this just for the south?

• Advertisement

I was just wondering if some of you do what I do..
    I keep looking out the window, at the lamp post mostly :) looking for flakes, even though I know we aing getting any.:)

Jake1 wrote: »
    I keep looking out the window, at the lamp post mostly :) looking for flakes, even though I know we aing getting any.:)

Sounds like you have snow flu, a few days in Leitrim should clear that up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Ah! Is this the famous leagyl returnth? Your famed enthusiasm has been mentioned often. A pleasure to meet you!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

snaps wrote: »
    Blimey its dropping like a stone out there, ive got beer outside in "Gods fridge" what temp does beer freeze (5%)? May have to get it inside!
    Ha Ha classic post mate, Im gona leave out a bottle tonight and see how it goes, this weather is handy actually, Was gona buy another freezer to hold some of the extra christmas stuff but as u said just chuck it outside and we are good to go :D

People talking about the cold spell going into new year, thats great news.

Hey welcome back Leahyl!

Thanks Rougies! Ya i won't stop believin;) I had pretty much lost all hope that we'd have snow until my dad told me that and i looked at Eagleton on the forecast (and he said he "wasn't sure yet"!) that made me have hope again ha:)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

lol, your as bad as me .... im in D15 area

irish1967 wrote: »
    Ah! Is this the famous leagyl returnth? Your famed enthusiasm has been mentioned often. A pleasure to meet you!! :)

FAMOUS?! Oh god i better be careful what i say now in future;)!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

LOL - my dog even does it now! (He races to look out the window whenever I turn on the floodlight!)

FAMOUS?! Oh god i better be careful what i say now in future;)![/QUOT

And where were you young woman, we where all worried sick,
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Was out for a walk there , the roads are incredibly bad! Plus seen lightening too, three big flashes while it was sleeting at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

My WXSIM forecast is playing with my emotions I think

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

glossy wrote: »
    lol, your as bad as me .... im in D15 area

Ha ha and I'm your brother down here in painfully dry Waterford :D

I even put in higher wattage (bold) old-style tungsten bulbs in the outside lights just in case there is a snowflake passing.......

Yeah I used to be the same, but now I have a webcam set up pointing at the lampost so I don't have to look out the window ;)

roryc1 wrote: »
    FAMOUS?! Oh god i better be careful what i say now in future;)![/QUOT

And where were you young woman, we where all worried sick,
    :p

I had a fall on some black ice - was laid up for days:p:D Nah had to get the aul christmas shopping done while still wishing for snow and glued to sky news forecast on digital!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Place is already freezing over here,Road are seriously unsafe here alreeady!

I'm going to be going over to the UK this xmas to meet relatives and at the moment Gatwick is closed...And have to get to Shannon Wednesday..Could be an eventful day!

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Place is already freezing over here,Road are seriously unsafe here alreeady!

I'm going to be going over to the UK this xmas to meet relatives and at the moment Gatwick is closed...And have to get to Shannon Wednesday..Could be an eventful day!

God i hope it'll be ok for you Ricky91t - a colleague of mine had to go to shannon this morning to collect relatives and it took her 4 HOURS to get back to Cork!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

you're alive?! was getting worried about you. this is some rollercoaster ride - this morning no mention of snow and it all to end by Friday - now endless opportunities.

you're alive?! was getting worried about you. this is some rollercoaster ride - this morning no mention of snow and it all to end by Friday - now endless opportunities.

munsterlegend i am deeply touched:D ya i kinda lost faith that we would get snow - kept reading this thread though - was great fun to see what everyone was saying about their area - the weather is really fascinating isn't it?! God imagine if after all this talk about snow and not getting it and we finally get it on Christmas Eve in Cork! It would be perfect!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

munsterlegend i am deeply touched:D ya i kinda lost faith that we would get snow - kept reading this thread though - was great fun to see what everyone was saying about their area - the weather is really fascinating isn't it?! God imagine if after all this talk about snow and not getting it and we finally get it on Christmas Eve in Cork! It would be perfect!:)

a fairytale ending?! anyway no negativity for now...we'll keep our fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

It could be worse. Put yourself in my shows. We (Sligo) get one shower after another moving in like freight trains only to get ...RAIN ...which then promptly freezes on the ground.

Talk about frustrating :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement