Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (21/12/09) (Scattered snow showers today)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 burkieboy

Hi everyone i think i have found a streamer coming of the scottish highlands convecting as it hits the atlantic coming down to the north coast , which could push the showers further inland:D:D

viewimage.pbx?type=hiradar;file=radaraaltv4_1935;sess=25845f2f465bf41e207cccb2a1c5dda0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

burkieboy wrote: »
    Hi everyone i think i have found a streamer coming of the scottish highlands convecting as it hits the atlantic coming down to the north coast , which could push the showers further inland:D:D
    spotted that myself burkie. showers seem to be streaming south in a fairly organised band. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Hmmm.. well spotted lets give it a little more time and see how is gets on before it hits the north coast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Seen that alright, looks like it contains a nice bit of snow :D

I am willing to bet even at this early stage that that streamer goes flying straight past me here, missing me by 20 miles and dumps snow everywhere else !.. now where did i put the number for Paddy Powers:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

When you say inland - how does Cork look? I know it's not inland but...is there any chance? I know it chops and changes all the time:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

viewimage.pbx?type=hiradar;file=radaraaltv4_1935;sess=25845f2f465bf41e207cccb2a1c5dda0

when should that streamer hit here is it worthy of giving a good covering? temp around 0c here....

By the looks of the radar we could be getting snow very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

leahyl wrote: »
    When you say inland - how does Cork look? I know it's not inland but...is there any chance? I know it chops and changes all the time:)
    WEdnesday night has a definite chance
    As for tonight snow chance:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

How would Navan be looking for a spot of snow tonight?

• Advertisement

WEdnesday night has a definite chance
    As for tonight snow chance:D

Ya that's obv what my dad heard on the radio so:D It won't last long though i'd say if it does happen - but it will prob freeze over which would be lethal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

I still think there still is chance of showers bubbling up in the midlands and South East. Both Met Eireanns radar and RainToday seem to be hinting at this. At the moment you have to look very closely. But as temps drop, is there a chance these tiny short lived blips could get a bit bigger ?

Hi it will not you need a streamer to come of down the west coast of ireland to hit cork this one will hit the north coast then die out inland ulster;);)

owenc wrote: »
    when should that streamer hit here is it worthy of giving a good covering? temp around 0c here....

Couple of hours dont no about amount until see what ti does when it hits the coast111

looks like that streamer is going to hit donegal like earlier today sice about 12pm all the showers have been hitting donegal ugh!!!!!!!! whats the chances out of that for here?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It's cloudying over here at the moment. Will it just stay cloudy or could there be some unexpected sneachta tonight??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Snowing here all day,loving it!

It's cloudying over here at the moment. Will it just stay cloudy or could there be some unexpected sneachta tonight??

sorry excuse me but what is sneachta have been hearing it ages what does it mean snow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Extremely frosty here in Waterford City. Temp is -2.0c. Maybe it might beat my station low of -5.1c which i had last night :)

Radar shows it over you atm, I'd say you might get a bit, hopefully :)

• Advertisement

sorry excuse me but what is sneachta have been hearing it ages what does it mean snow?
    It's Irish for snow ;)

you must have 5-6 inches at this stage, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Yes Irish for snow

You have no idea how lucky you are;):)!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

you must have 5-6 inches at this stage, do you?

Its around that in places yeah,the town is grand though,Iam up a mountain,the roads a lethal,just compacted snow and its frozen.
    leahyl wrote: »
    You have no idea how lucky you are;):)!

Its a normal occurance for us,it just has come early this year.I'll post some pics up from last years snow and try and get some for now.

Donegal is a big county.. we all werent as lucky as the north of the county :)

GavinH wrote: »
    Yes Irish for snow

ok thanks was wondering what it was the seen s and thought it must be snow thanks again lol...:D on the snow its getting larger and should reach here in a couple of hours giving time for thigs to freeze hopefully it should lie and it should be heavy and last a couple of hours going by that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Heading out now for a few guinness , will have to walk home around 3 miles after it though cuz no taxis or anything in weather like this :D

very light snow here now.

• Advertisement

nosnow.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement