Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (21/12/09) (Scattered snow showers today)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Peter

Light snow/graupel shower here now as well a few miles south of Ballyhaunis

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

i see it's down to -3 already in mullingar. i wonder how low it'll get there in the small hours. could we get a -5 or -6 somewhere tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts...

Temperature: -2.4 °C
    Dew Point: -2.7 °C

Very heavy fog, could possibly be freezing fog I suppose.
    Raintoday radar showing a fair bit of snow around here and Callan, more that previous nights, but no sign of it yet. Fingers crossed.

irish1967 wrote: »
    nosnow.jpg

Good one:D

it's started snowing at a reasonable rate now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

I think it's time to admit that this cold spell has been a disaster for weather buffs.
    Very cold, loadsa frost but is that what we quest??
    I've learnt this week that low pressure means nothing & that very dry cold air will squat almost any shower activity
    You would get very.................off with the whole debacle:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

The snow seems to be going around us here :(

Come on snow, here pretty snow....

It's all sticking too. If only it could last a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I think it's time to admit that this cold spell has been a disaster for weather buffs.
    Very cold, loadsa frost but is that what we quest??
    I've learnt this week that low pressure means nothing & that very dry cold air will squat almost any shower activity
    You would get very.................off with the whole debacle:(

I agree! I am very P****d off actually! We had better get something on Wednesday cause the aul patience is wearing thin...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Weather Warning

Issued at 21 December 2009 - 19:30

Weather Warning

Very frosty overnight and in the morning with icy pavements and roads. Fog also, with freezing fog in places. Scattered wintry showers over Ulster and Atlantic seaboard.

Cold snap continuing until Christmas morning. Further frost, fog and ice. Scattered wintry showers at times also.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/warnings.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

Any chance of dublin getting some snow on christmas Eve

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

soooo cold i cant believe how freezing the country is if you go to irelandsweather the whole country is below freezing pity there is no precip:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭IrishMetSoc

You probably have seen this site before:

http://www.nra.ie/RoadWeatherInfo/Map/data/htm/WeatherTable.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 burkieboy

Met office

Risk of disruptionWarningValidNorthern Ireland: Co Antrim Co Derry Co DownHeavy SnowMon 21 DecThere is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting Scotland, parts of Northern Ireland and also parts of northwest England during Monday. Heavy snow showers may give accumulations of around 5cm in many areas, with the potential for 10 to 15cm over hills.
    Issued at: 1733 Mon 21 Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

whitemocha wrote: »
    soooo cold i cant believe how freezing the country is if you go to irelandsweather the whole country is below freezing pity there is no precip:(

Yet!!! Stay positive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Big thunder now aswell!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

cian1500ww wrote: »
    The snow seems to be going around us here :(

Come on snow, here pretty snow....

Same here in Enniskillen!! Had about 10 flakes since this morning!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

irish1967 wrote: »
    Yet!!! Stay positive :)

always positive

Well if i go by the red blobs on raintoday I am about to get a big shower within minutes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Big thunder now aswell!:eek:

No sign of any lightning here at the moment looking out over South/West Donegal
    Will keep an eye out - could see the lightning very clearly last night!!:D

it has stopped snowing now. looking at the uk radar there maybe a bit more to come yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭blast05

Hmmmm, will that big blob on raintoday hit Athlone. We've had about 5 minutes of a light shower last night (and that has been all in the whole of 2009).

On a side note, when you play this link http://www.yr.no/satellitt/1.5941760 out to the end (seems to end at 3pm for some reason) then to my completely untrained eye, you can see plenty of banks of cloud coming out of the west coast of Norway feeding its way mostly south westward .... any 'future' in that for us ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

leahyl wrote: »
    I agree! I am very P****d off actually! We had better get something on Wednesday cause the aul patience is wearing thin...

so you're a weather buff now?! have only seen some sleety rain so far - its not been good. very foggy here tonight - whats it like in the citeeee?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Just looking at the BBC Weather page rain coming in from the sout west on Wednesday could give snow in some places

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/10209

so you're a weather buff now?! have only seen some sleety rain so far - its not been good. very foggy here tonight - whats it like in the citeeee?

Now i never said i was a weather buff:o far from it!! From what i can see from my bedroom window it looks foggy here too - oh and it's cold!!:)

fairly quiet here this evening - i'd say people are drained after the weekend.

leahyl wrote: »
    Now i never said i was a weather buff:o far from it!! From what i can see from my bedroom window it looks foggy here too - oh and it's cold!!:)

cold? you should be well used to it by now..hear local radio had a lot people on the airwaves with frozen gas pipes etc...don't think the freeze will be as big here tonight as last night. does fog affect the frost?

Light snow shower at the moment.

cold? you should be well used to it by now..hear local radio had a lot people on the airwaves with frozen gas pipes etc...don't think the freeze will be as big here tonight as last night. does fog affect the frost?

I have absolutely NO idea!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

fairly quiet here this evening - i'd say people are drained after the weekend.

not drained just enjoying the post, tis top stuff:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement