Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress integration into existing website issue

Options
  • 21-12-2009 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi,
    I am messing about with this trying to integrate it into a mate of mine's website. I have it more or less working perfect except for one last issue. On every page except one, all the links in the existing website template work fine. I know how to fix this but can't find the file I need to edit. The page where the links do not work is the one where you click on the title of the blog entry and it brings you into it's own individual page for that entry and also it is the page that the likes of technoratti and irishblogs.ie pick up on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. From my research it seems to be something to do with the permalink function but just can find where I need to add ../../ to my menu links, that is all that is wrong, just can't find the bleedin file.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭daymobrew

the_permalink() function is defined in wp-includes/link-template.php.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Valeah

daymobrew wrote: »
    the_permalink() function is defined in wp-includes/link-template.php.

Thanks for the reply, I had got that far alright but I cannot see anything in that files that I could edit to corrdct my original website menu links. That file must reference some other files to get the layout of the site but for the life of me, I can't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I think we need to see some of your code to understand what you are doing and where the issues are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

You should have a google for 'your webhost' + wordpress permalinks... I had some awful crap trying to get this working on godaddy, which apparently was a common enough problem at the time, solved by a custom .htaccess file.
    Try the default permalink structure (?p=123) and see if that works... if it does, you might have some problem with mod_rewrite. The gist of the .htaccess solution was specifying 'RewriteEngine On'... I don't know if this is still an issue.
    Also check if your permalinks work in the default theme, that'll help narrow it down to your theme or server config.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Valeah

daymobrew wrote: »
    I think we need to see some of your code to understand what you are doing and where the issues are.

I have it sorted, it's my own stoopid fault.....Thought I had the single.php file edited properly, was missing the bleedin ../../ before all my links. Thanks for the input anyway. Good to know there are folks who will lend a hand to a lad in a bit of need of assistance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement