Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JANUARY Boards meet up!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Lunch
    What pub would people be thinking of going to? Money and spring exams pending I'll come along too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Karaoke Night (just to keep itsallabouttheL happy :P)
    What pub would people be thinking of going to? Money and spring exams pending I'll come along too.

We will decide that closer to the time. All suggestions are welcome though! :)

Lunch
    kingtut wrote: »
    We will decide that closer to the time. All suggestions are welcome though! :)

I have to admit I'm extremely picky when it comes to what pubs I'll go to!
    My suggestions would be sin e, the mutton,the high B, outside the roundy or the oval but they may not be to everyone's tastes. Dear god let it not be the brain drain though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Pineapple_Boi

Pool (maybe a tournament)
    sin e would be good. Tira wanted to go there before but ended up not going.

We always end up in this posh place where there is a black guy in the lad's jacks selling lynx by the squirt. Who let him in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

does it have to be beers?? :( i don't usually drink and would like to do something out of the pub environment but i suppose im out-voted...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

Dinner
    nursemar88 wrote: »
    does it have to be beers?? :( i don't usually drink and would like to do something out of the pub environment but i suppose im out-voted...

Exactly, why does everything have to be alcohol oriented?! I voted for a photowalk but, like you, I'll probably be outvoted! :(:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

does it have to be beers?? :(

it doesn't have to be beers at all - to be fair there are plenty of non drinking options on the menu.

we could always have more than one event in January, I can organise a photowalk if people are up for it.

with the short evenings and all a saturday morning would probably be best for that. I find that people usually aren't into getting up Saturdays though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

Dinner
    You're actually right, deRanged - there's nothing stopping peeps doing their own thing, is there? I'd be up for a photo walk - a Saturday morning would be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I'm stopping drinking for the new year....wasting so much money.

I wouldn't mind the cinema or a bit of bowling or both.

Lunch
    Could do a few nerdy things like go to a few museums or historical sites alternatively or even check out a daytime concert in the glucksman.
    What do you do on a photo walk exactly? Do you have to have a camera? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

im glad im not the only one that doesnt just want beers...i know it was most voted for but anyway...sorry for complaining!! :rolleyes: i'd be happy with bowling or something like that...

Lunch
    im glad im not the only one that doesnt just want beers...i know it was most voted for but anyway...sorry for complaining!! :rolleyes: i'd be happy with bowling or something like that...

I'm the same I'd be much more interested in doing something other than drinking especially if it were something that revolved around other peoples hobbies that I haven't had any experience of before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

im glad im not the only one that doesnt just want beers...

far from it!
    the "Terror and the Sublime" exhibit is still in the Crawford - I'm still on for going to see that followed by lunch say.

as far as photo walks go - you meet up, walk a pre determined course, take photos at your own pace and then have coffee or a pint afterwards. takes about an hour usually.
    no mighty photographic skills needed, and I've been known to lend out cameras to people on photowalks.

Hill walking / cross country would be another thing and photos can be done on that as well.

Lunch
    deRanged wrote: »
    far from it!
    the "Terror and the Sublime" exhibit is still in the Crawford - I'm still on for going to see that followed by lunch say.

Ya I'm up for that, when're ya thinking? Any ideas about somewhere for lunch anyone? I'd also be well up for a photography walk or hill walking.

I have to admit I'm extremely picky when it comes to what pubs I'll go to!
    My suggestions would be sin e, the mutton,the high B, outside the roundy or the oval but they may not be to everyone's tastes. Dear god let it not be the brain drain though!

Well we will see closer to the time :)

Only 1 out of the 8 options in the poll is for drinking. Unfortunately it is the most popular option but I see your point as I am not a big drinker either. I think the best option for the next meetup is to go bowling in the leisureplex where it is nice and quiet and not near a bar! and then anyone who wants to drink can do so afterwards.

Remember my threads are purely to get stuff organised, if there is something you want to do post it and I'm sure you will get a lot of takers! I will go bowling, ice skating, for dinner, lunch, for a photo walk, for coffee, to the cinema etc :)

In the past we have gone to the cinema, bowling, for photo walks, for coffee and for dinner, all were done without alcohol :)

No event will suit everyone but sure that's life unfortunately.
    colblimp wrote: »
    Exactly, why does everything have to be alcohol oriented?! I voted for a photowalk but, like you, I'll probably be outvoted! :(:rolleyes:

Like I said to nursemar88 only 1 out of the 8 options is for beers, you will have to ask the people who only voted for beers as to why they are not interested in anything else. I am more than happy to (and would prefer to) partake in non drinking boards things.
    deRanged wrote: »
    it doesn't have to be beers at all - to be fair there are plenty of non drinking options on the menu.

we could always have more than one event in January, I can organise a photowalk if people are up for it.

with the short evenings and all a saturday morning would probably be best for that. I find that people usually aren't into getting up Saturdays though :)

Thanks for the support deranged! I think people have to realise that if they have something they want to do they have to just post and do it, like you have done with your photo walk :)
    colblimp wrote: »
    You're actually right, deRanged - there's nothing stopping peeps doing their own thing, is there? I'd be up for a photo walk - a Saturday morning would be cool.

+1

BOWLING trip in January! Are you up for it? In the Leisureplex around 8pm....we can pick the date closer to the time! If you are please let me know!

I'm up for it! It will be the 3rd boards bowling trip (the first one was so popular that we had to have it over two nights!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

BOWLING trip in January! Are you up for it? In the Leisureplex around 8pm....we can pick the date closer to the time! If you are please let me know!

I'm up for it! It will be the 3rd boards bowling trip (the first one was so popular that we had to have it over two nights!!)

Il go if the dates suit :D
    Bring your helmets/knee pads/full body suits etc!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Never been to a meet up but i'd consider going :)

Wouldn't mind the bowling alright. Any idea what day tut

• Advertisement

Il go if the dates suit :D
    Bring your helmets/knee pads/full body suits etc!!

:D
    akamossy wrote: »
    Never been to a meet up but i'd consider going :)

Cool, the more the merrier!
    Webmonkey wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind the bowling alright. Any idea what day tut

Umm maybe Friday of next week (15th Jan) when people have money again?...
    I guess whatever date suits the majority of people. I think the leisureplex is the best place for it.

Cool, personally Friday isn't best day as I go home then but I wouldn't mind hanging on if its the best day for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

i demand beers as it's clearly in the lead :D

bowling does sound fun though

Karaoke is the DEVIL

Bowling Thursday 14th January in the Leisureplex at 8pm

You up for it? If so please let me know!

Sounds good to me.

Bowling Thursday 14th January in the Leisureplex at 8pm

You up for it? If so please let me know!

Cant make that night im afraid, never mind tho,Il go to the next one , enjoy! :)

Feel free to change when it suits people best. I dont mind hanging on a Friday.

Cant make that night im afraid, never mind tho,Il go to the next one , enjoy! :)

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Feel free to change when it suits people best. I dont mind hanging on a Friday.

@smileysurfer and webmonkey

What nights suit you best? We will go with the date that draws the majority of people.

@smileysurfer and webmonkey

What nights suit you best? We will go with the date that draws the majority of people.

The following week would suit me but... if the majority votes for another date then I have no problem missing this one and then going to the next one. January is turning out to be a busy month strangely enough,

• Advertisement

I don't mind waiting until following week. No point going if only small crowd.

Advertisement