Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Butcher Sausages in Kildare area?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

Locals didn't like new blood coming into Morans turf and stood by him totally byocotted Coffey so he had to shut the doors was losing that much money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

jakeypooh wrote: »
    ... totally byocotted Coffey so he had to shut the doors was losing that much money

There was no boycott. We generally bought our meat with Morans but moved to Coffeys because parking was much handier and it was also within easy walking distance.

Pity because they had good quality meat.

It wasnt the best time to open a business in Sallins, with one well established butcher and the meat counter in Supervalue.

I was only saying what I have been told from one of the guys that did deliveries to coffey so it came from him its not hearsay or untrue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

he must have lost everything doing that.

Hard luck fella..

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

I dont know if it's the same guy, but there's a Coffeys Butcher long established in Kilmeague. His Sausages are pretty decent, I call in once a month and spend about €75 on meat. I got some fillet off him last day and it was outstanding, his southern fried chicken goujons are excellent quality also, I always have two bags in the freezer for finger food, although they are large enough pure chicken fillet. I personally love his White Pudding, he does two, a spicy one and a more traditional one, but both are fantastic, a quick mention also to the tortillas he makes up, great for a midweek slightly different dinner. And just to top it, a free bag of spuds with every €20 spent! I do recommend him :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

From from I hear from the chap (my father knows him pretty well) I dont think Coffeys closed because he was being boycotted... Im not going to post the actual reason why he said he shut his Sallins shop because frankly its noones business but that to me sounds like a load of rubbish.

His shop in Kilmeague is absolutely excellent btw. Excellent range, good quality, and friendly staff. One of the better local butchers you will ever find.

Back to the original topic, Ive always been a big fan of Kearns jumbo sausages, which I believe you can get in Supervalu in Sallins amongst other places (used to sell them in Eurospar in Naas when I worked there but Im not sure if they still do). Nice and spicy; cant beat them in a fry on a Sunday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

So it is the same guy then!
    Ah dont really go for that speculation stuff. There are far more people in Sallins now that are not native to Sallins, so they'll only see another Butchers as competition and good for the area, as I did! As said before, he's a good Butcher, and they are always exceptionally friendly!

Yeah its the same guy. And I agree that speculation sounds rubbish; Morans is okay but it isnt that special that people would boycott other shops for it, and like you said the majority of residents of Sallins these days are not locals and will have no loyalty towards a shop, not to that extent anyway and certainly not to the extent of causing another shop to close because of boycotting...

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭catiny

Would have to say Superquinn sausages all the way, with nolans in second! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

+1 for nolans they do a lovely sausage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

It's back Guys and Girls,get the recommendations in :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

still nolans FTW , with Aldi dry cure rashers (best supermarket rashers by a long shot), Nolans pudding, organic eggs from Manna (cant find any that come close, but rare this time of yr), barrys gold blend tea and some Soul food bakery white loaf bread with sesame seeds

As before The Butchers Kitchen in Ballycane has the most amazing home made sausages
    They have a fantastic pork and leek one also a jumbo one

Have you tried them yet?

As before The Butchers Kitchen in Ballycane has the most amazing home made sausages

Have you tried them yet?

Hes a fantastic butcher full stop. Their prepacked stuff is great as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

Gregsor wrote: »
    It's back Guys and Girls,get the recommendations in :).
    reillys in monread

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

lynski wrote: »
    still nolans FTW , with Aldi dry cure rashers (best supermarket rashers by a long shot), Nolans pudding, organic eggs from Manna (cant find any that come close, but rare this time of yr), barrys gold blend tea and some Soul food bakery white loaf bread with sesame seeds

That sounds like a winner alright,dry cure rashers all the way ;),don't forget the fried potato,tomato and mushrooms and Batchelors beans!

Have you tried them yet?

Not yet but i am getting but i promise to :).

Advertisement