Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for Hard Drive Transfer Cable

• 21-12-2009 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Hi.

Getting the super Elite for Christmas this year and am looking for the cable so I can transfer all my data over. Is ordering this cable from Microsoft the only way to get it? Or is there anywhere that sells it even?

Thanks,
    Ben.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I just posted the exact same thing! :p

Happy to work out a share if I'm able to get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Just seen it there myself!

Another question, just for over Christmas before I start of make use of the 250 gb HD, could I just attach the 20gb HD from my normal 360 to my Elite?

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

SantryRed wrote: »

Another question, just for over Christmas before I start of make use of the 250 gb HD, could I just attach the 20gb HD from my normal 360 to my Elite?

Cheers.

Yeah, if you bang your old hard drive onto your new console then it'll work straight away.

Well, not bang literally. Affix lovingly!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

SantryRed wrote: »

Cheers.

I bought a super elite when it launched with forza and filled out the form for my transfer cable 2 months ago and still waiting. I installed the 20gb hard drive in to the super elite. Going to ring Microsoft today and order it as my friend is buying the old arcade xbox off me for her son and I can't give them the hard drive until i get the transfer cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭knoximus

Call Xbox support. They will send one free of charge.

Assistance by phone:

+353 12420758
    or 1 800 509 186

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

knoximus wrote: »
    Call Xbox support. They will send one free of charge.

Assistance by phone:

+353 12420758
    or 1 800 509 186

Yup, I did this about two weeks ago and the cable arrived yesterday - MS Xbox support are awesome. In the past six months they also sent me out a new power supply, no questions asked. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

What sort of questions do they ask? Say you bought a 120gb HDD in the US would they still send out the cable with the European software or would they say 'You're on your own'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I've just got off the phone with them and there was no way in hell they were sending out a transfer kit. They said they stopped sending them out on the 18th.

£12 to get one grr

If anyone has one i'd appreciate a lend of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

zero19 wrote: »

I have one of those here, its only for connecting to a pc. Apparently copying that way can lead to all sorts of problems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Call Microsoft, tell them you bought one but it didn't come with a transfer cable.

If not, pay the money and sell it on when you're done :)

Advertisement