Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Throttling

• 21-12-2009 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

I think I've read that if you go over 200Gb on the "unlimited" package you'll get throttled. Just wondering if there is a daily or weekly limit aswell?

ie If there's only a few days of the month left can I use up all my allowence?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Mikebyrne wrote: »
    I think I've read that if you go over 200Gb on the "unlimited" package you'll get throttled. Just wondering if there is a daily or weekly limit aswell?

ie If there's only a few days of the month left can I use up all my allowence?
    This was the case, it isn't anymore. I believe the lower option customers still get throttled though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They calculate usage based on the previous 30 days, not calendar month.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Mikebyrne

So is there a cap on the 30 days??

Another point, with the change over to Vodaphone there will be a limt to 100Gb starting in Jan. I'm just wondering how much downloading i can do before the changeover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

It is 100 on BT too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Mikebyrne wrote: »
    So is there a cap on the 30 days??

The cap is continuously applied over a 30 day rolling window. It ensures that people don't do exactly what you're trying to do now. Basically, you won't get away with anything more than you're currently doing, if you already download quite a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Mikebyrne

I'm only on 40gb up and download. Just wanted to figure out what room I had to maneuver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

similar question, I was with vodafone for 1 yr of 5gb/month, last year Ive been with 3 at 10gb p/m
    I'm about to switch to UPC 20mb which has unlimited allowance, what exactly is the limit? I'd like to watch alot of streaming video/listen to web radio and download stuff too, would a rapidshare account be safer(in legal terms) than torrents?

Advertisement