Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What happened to my post?

• 21-12-2009 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

I recently posted in a thread in the Christianity forum entitled " Your favourite bible quotes ".
    I posted my favourite bible quote, copied verbatim from the King James version and I discovered it was deleted this morning.
    I am posting it here as I am afraid my thread may be deleted/ignored in the christianity forum.
    Any idea why this may have happened?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That's probably someone using their free will to delete a post they didn't like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

What was the quote?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

That's probably someone using their free will to delete a post they didn't like.

Well that sucks.
    The thread was called " Your favourite bible quotes " not " The moderators favourite quotes "

The quote was "For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death."

Its one of my favourite quotes from the bible as it reinforces the fact that religion is warped and disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Well that sucks.
    The thread was called " Your favourite bible quotes " not " The moderators favourite quotes "

The quote was "For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death."

Its one of my favourite quotes from the bible as it reinforces the fact that religion is warped and disgusting.

I have the kJV at home, excuse my ignorance what part exactly is that? Because I don't remember the "put to death" part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

I have the kJV at home, excuse my ignorance what part exactly is that? Because I don't remember the "put to death" part.

It was in an online edition of the bible that I downloaded. Im pretty sure that it was the King James version, but now that I think about it I may not be 100 percent correct on that. At any rate, the thread dint specify the quote must be from the King James version.

I have posted this thread in the helpdesk now. Forgot that place existed.

Edit: Forgot to mention, Exodus 35:2

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I recently posted in a thread in the Christianity forum entitled " Your favourite bible quotes ".
    Not a thread title which is going to stir much interest in this forum :pac:
    I am afraid my thread may be deleted/ignored in the christianity forum. Any idea why this may have happened?
    I suggest you contact the forum moderators directly, or take it to feedback if you're unhappy with what's happened.

Either way, A+A forum is not the place to discuss moderation of the christianity forum.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement