Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get rid of spots

• 21-12-2009 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just looking for advise on how to get rid of spots quickly? I used a tea tree and witchhazel face mask last week and now my forehead is full of spots. anyone have any good tips on getting rid of these before xmas or any products I can use?
    Thanks,
    Fiona

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Quinoderm cream is the only thing that ever worked for me, always used to get rid of spots for me in a day or two. You'll get it in most chemists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

If you're forehead is full of spots after the tea tree & witchhazel, I'd say it's more of a reaction than anything else. Apart from it being a bit *too* drying, witchhazel is usually great for spots.

If you wanted to take a risk, a dab of witchhazel on it's own might work a lot better than being in a face mask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭GLUEY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Face masks are known to bring on an outbreak of spots though, they're meant to like draw out the impurities or whatever that are in your skin. I think!

I've never been a fan of Lush but I'm gonna have to recommend you pop in and give some of their skincare a go. Personally, I never really get spots but I've had dry skin lately and they sorted me right out! The girls in there do know what they're talking about, even if they are a tad over enthusiastic!!

Other than that, I think time's a healer. Just keep your skin nice and clean. Make sure you're cleansing, toning and moisturising etc.

Novella wrote: »
    The girls in there do know what they're talking about, even if they are a tad over enthusiastic!!

A tad? I'd swear they're snorting the bath salts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Fajitas! wrote: »
    A tad? I'd swear they're snorting the bath salts.

Ok, if you've ever read some of my other posts regarding Lush, you'd know I HATE their customer service and find them really over-bearing and annoying haha! Their stuff is awesome though, I only bought some over a week ago but I do pretty much love it and think it works wonders!

If you can get past the annoying-ness of the staff, then goooo!

Ah no, they do have some great products in there, and I've used them as a staple for my 'OHSH*TEIFORGOTTOGETAPRESENTFOR....' presents for the last few years.

I'm just bitter because they're happier than I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

toothpaste dries them out and makes them go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

mink_man wrote: »
    toothpaste dries them out and makes them go...

Toothpaste only really takes the redness out of the spot, but the underlying problem is still there. And if your using it on a sizeable area it could really dry out your skin and leave it a bit flakey.

I always swear by sudacreme! Ive used it for years and have never had any trouble with it. I always have a tub of it lying around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Depuy lady wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just looking for advise on how to get rid of spots quickly? I used a tea tree and witchhazel face mask last week and now my forehead is full of spots. anyone have any good tips on getting rid of these before xmas or any products I can use?
    Thanks,
    Fiona

I always find that spots are usually caused by something. I think the best way of getting rid of spots and keeping them away in the long run is to eat lots of fresh fruit and veg and drink lots of water. This week, I have been really bad and have been eating lots of junk and have noticed my skin is breaking out already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭susanroth

my mother saw on tv that you should crush an aspirin with a bit of water to make a paste and put it on pimples;) She saw it on the doctors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

My OH swears by sudocream too. he gets some massive spots sometimes and they can get REALLY red and inflamed. he covers his face with it when he has an outbreak but swears it takes the sting out of them and calms them right down and after a few days of this they clear up nicely.

Advertisement