Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened to my post?

Options
  • 21-12-2009 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

I recently posted in a thread in the Christianity forum entitled " Your favourite bible quotes ".
    I posted my favourite bible quote, copied verbatim from the King James version and I discovered it was deleted this morning.
    Any idea why this may have happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Have you contacted the moderators?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

PM the mods of the Christianity forum (really, posting for a reason on the A+A forum for a deletion on the Christianity forum isnt really the relevant place to ask).

From that, I would almost be tempted to agree that your quote was an attempt at trolling (you say yourself that it was a quote to show just how warped you find religion) in that, your quote wasnt your favourite bible quote but the one you thought would cause the most controversy.

Anyway, PM the mods and ask for a reason (politely). If this isnt to your satisfaction, you can ask for the issue to be raised with the category mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

It was deleted because you were trolling. If I were you I'd be grateful that you didn't receive a yellow card. Next time you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

LoLth wrote: »

From that, I would almost be tempted to agree that your quote was an attempt at trolling (you say yourself that it was a quote to show just how warped you find religion) in that, your quote wasnt your favourite bible quote but the one you thought would cause the most controversy.

I wouldnt use the word "trolling" but I guess you are right.
    The fact that I stated in A+A afterwards that I was not a fan of religion is irrelevant.
    My post was removed before I posted that in A+A.
    There was no malice in my post in the Christianity thread, It was simply a quote from the bible.
    I wonder why the Moderator removed it?
    Perhaps it doesnt agree with his version of Christianity. :rolleyes:
    Anyway, I digress. I wont bother to PM the mod. I dont feel that peeved off.
    Merry Xmas.

PDN wrote: »
    It was deleted because you were trolling. If I were you I'd be grateful that you didn't receive a yellow card. Next time you will.

I quoted a passage from the bible. Please explain to me how that is trolling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

I quoted a passage from the bible. Please explain to me how that is trolling.

The OP in that thread clearly states that the thread is for Bible appreciation. It is not a forum for you to quote stuff out of context in order to deliberately inflame the natives. That is not smart, nor is it original (you're probably the thousandth poster who thought they would try it).

Please don't act all innocent. Everyone reading this thread knows exactly what you were doing, even if you hadn't succumbed to the urge to go onto the Atheism forum to say, "Hey! Look what I did to the Christians."

It's enough of a bore that I have to delete that kind of nonsense without having to explain why here on Helpdesk. Please stop wasting your time and my time.

It is not a forum for you to quote stuff out of context

:confused:
    Please don't act all innocent.

I have pretty much admitted what my intention was on this thread.

Anyhow, I think the fact that you removed the quote speaks volumes. That was what I was really looking for.

Merry Christmas.

Advertisement