Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zoned heating

Options
  • 21-12-2009 1:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Hello

I did a renovation & extension on a house before last summer. I installed a tripple coil cylinder oil/solar/solid fuel and have recently started using it. It is a bungalow 150 sq metres (1600 sq feet) with the heating divided into 3 and 5 rad zones giving a total of eight rads in the house.

The first problem i am currently having is that when i use the solid fuel it will only heat five of the rads in zone one and will not heat the three rads in zone two. I find this unusual because the cyclinder itself is over boiling point and i do not understand why the excess heat is not going into the three rads in zone two.

Am in missing something? Is there a way to switch on the rads at zone two?

Thanks for any assistance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Bull76

Hi,

So with the OIL doing the heating does the three rads in the second zone heat up? Reason been if it works for the oil then all control valves are functioning correctly.
    Possibly an issue with the Zone valve, but more than likely an issue with the thermostat that is controlling the zone valve when the Solid fuel heating is in use.
    Has this system ever worked????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

is there a balancing valve at the coil of the cylinder , if so turn it down so its just open a crack , do all the rads heat ok when the boiler is on , has your heating system been balanced

Advertisement