Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Germany will introduce radio frequency chip identification cards on November 2010

• 21-12-2009 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

"The German Interior Ministry confirmed on Monday that new identification cards containing radio-frequency (RFID) chips will be introduced starting November 1, 2010 - but some data protection experts are critical of the decision".

"Data protection advocates say the RFID chip, which can be detected via radio frequencies from about two metres away without the owner’s knowledge, is problematic despite the fact it has already been incorporated into German passports"

“It’s smaller than the old one, but can do a lot more,” Interior Minister Thomas de Maizière said in a statement :eek:

If it can be read from a distance of two meters with todays technology how far could it be read in time to come with future developed scanners?

The shape of some of the antennas that are used in this invasive technology is enough to send shivers down any spine. :eek:

2edmetw.jpg

http://www.thelocal.de/sci-tech/20091214-23931.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Are you saying the antennas are in the shape of the Swastika?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Are you saying the antennas are in the shape of the Swastika?

Im not saying anything, just leaving it up to your imagination. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

2edmetw.jpg

Read the article, for some reason that image doesn't show up in it. Or did you just grab an image at random?

Read the article, for some reason that image doesn't show up in it. Or did you just grab an image at random?
    Read the OP again, Did i mention anything about that image coming from that article?
    RTTH wrote:
    The shape of some of the antennas that are used in this invasive technology is enough to send shivers down any spine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Read the OP again, Did i mention anything about that image coming from that article?

So it was a random image that had nothing to do with the article?
    You posted it to illicit emotional responses?

Just more silly scaremongering.

So looking at the actual it seem RdtH is taking stuff way out of context.
    German citizens can choose to opt out of.

And check out this quote:
    Dr. Andreas Pfitzmann, head of the privacy and data security group at Technische Universität Dresden, told The Local on Monday that there is no reason to use RFID chips for identification cards, and that in the worst case scenario, the chips could be used to carry out such things as terrorist attacks.

“An extreme example would be that assuming German passports react differently to the radio frequency than American passports, I could use this frequency to set off a bomb where I know there are only Americans or Germans,” he said.

Do you agree with this statement RtdH?

King Mob wrote: »
    So it was a random image that had nothing to do with the article?
    You posted it to illicit emotional responses?

Just more silly scaremongering.
    No, it is just an example of what is going on in the minds of some of those that are developing this type technology. I am shure more examples like this will be exposed in time to come.

That particular tag was developed by X-Ident a fore runner in the development of ISO 14443 world wide compatible smart cards.

No, it is just an example of what is going on in the minds of some of those that are developing this type technology. I am shure more examples like this will be exposed in time to come.

That particular tag was developed by X-Ident a fore runner in the development of ISO 14443 world wide compatible smart cards.
    No it's not.
    It's an image that has nothing to do with the article at all.
    You only put it up in a very silly attempt to link these ID card to nazis.

It's plain scaremongering.

And it doesn't even look like a swastika.

Oh and:
    German citizens can choose to opt out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

Dr. Andreas Pfitzmann, head of the privacy and data security group at Technische Universität Dresden, told The Local on Monday that there is no reason to use RFID chips for identification cards, and that in the worst case scenario, the chips could be used to carry out such things as terrorist attacks.

An extreme example would be that assuming German passports react differently to the radio frequency than American passports, I could use this frequency to set off a bomb where I know there are only Americans or Germans,” he said.

He is rambling on about the risk of personalised bombs against ppl carrying RFID enabled passports/Id cards for at least 2.5 years...

but with this statement he is really taking the mickey.

Using the chip to carry out a terrorist attack - means using an ID card as a detonator or something. (who would you do that with a passive RFID anyway??)

Using them to identify different types of ethnic groups is something totally different. You can do that much better with low tech already..
    .... not even going into which terrorist would actually care to differenciate between those two mentioned nationalities.

• Advertisement

He is rambling on about the risk of personalized bombs against ppl carrying RFID enabled passports/Id cards for at least 2.5 years...

but with this statement he is really taking the mickey.

Using the chip to carry out a terrorist attack - means using an ID card as a detonator or something. (who would you do that with a passive RFID anyway??)

Using them to identify different types of ethnic groups is something totally different. You can do that much better with low tech already..
    .... not even going into which terrorist would actually care to differenciate between those two mentioned nationalities.

Passive tags don’t have power supply and are powered from electromagnetic field generated by reader antenna. The reader antenna has to transmit enough power to provide enough energy to tag so it could to transmit back data. So therefore it is quite possible to develop a smart bomb they could detonate on scanned information received from an unshielded smart card. Passive RFID uses capacitors to store their energy supply.

Video depicts how a "smart bomb" can be detonated by RFID technology

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

No it's not.
    It's an image that has nothing to do with the article at all.
    You only put it up in a very silly attempt to link these ID card to nazis.

It's plain scaremongering.

And it doesn't even look like a swastika.

Oh and:

It does look like a swastika, I mean you can try convince others its not, but your are going to embarass yourself trying so hard in the process.

People have eyes and they are not blinded, and your not going to convince people what they can or cannot see King mob. Seriously like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

dunno why youd pick that point to reply to, its already been shown on thread that the picture is completely irrelevant to the topic anyway

indough wrote: »
    dunno why youd pick that point to reply to, its already been shown on thread that the picture is completely irrelevant to the topic anyway

We will know soon enough when we rip one of their new ID cards apart. :D

We will know soon enough when we rip one of their new ID cards apart. :D

No you've said clearly that the picture has nothing to do with the article.

So why exactly did you post it?

No you've said clearly that the picture has nothing to do with the article.

So why exactly did you post it?

Already stated my reason. :)

Read back through my posts. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

mysterious wrote: »
    It does look like a swastika, I mean you can try convince others its not, but your are going to embarass yourself trying so hard in the process.

People have eyes and they are not blinded, and your not going to convince people what they can or cannot see King mob. Seriously like.

The picture posted by RtdH has absolutely nothing to do with the article posted....whether it looks like a swastika or a squashed spider is irrelevant. Seriously like.

Posting random evocative images to make your point more sensationalist is not a valid reason IMO. :eek:

No you didn't.
    You said something silly about "how these people think".

Your original point was it "sent chills down you spine."

So can you explain why you post it and what relevance it has?

Oh and something you keep ignoring:
    German citizens can choose to opt out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

Passive tags don’t have power supply and are powered from electromagnetic field generated by reader antenna. The reader antenna has to transmit enough power to provide enough energy to tag so it could to transmit back data. So therefore it is quite possible to develop a smart bomb they could detonate on scanned information received from an unshielded smart card. Passive RFID uses capacitors to store their energy supply.

Video depicts how a "smart bomb" can be detonated by RFID technology

Re video. they read within 6 inches... sure its great to theoretically prove something, but practical application is really what matters.

I'm merly saying that Andreas Pfitzmann should differenciate more in his statements instead of sweeping scraremongering...

Him saying the RFID "can be used for a terrorist attack", can be easily understood as the tag itself is posing a danger to the person carrying it. I.e. as if the tag can be detonated...

Of course RFIDs can be used for xyz. But we don't need to look at passports. I could target the oystercard RFID if I wanted to attack tube passengers.. Or customers that buy particular items in a shop that uses RFID chips to tag their goods... my mobile phone can be used for a terrorist attack...

Btw, my passport has an RFID tag and I'm still standing... ;)

For me smart bomb and "terrorist" don't go together in one sentence. that that will go wayy OT.

• Advertisement

For me smart bomb and "terrorist" don't go together in one sentence. that that will go wayy OT.
    When ATM machines were first rolled out they didn't anticipate skimming or other related crimes. Likewise god knows what can happen with the future of RFID. Apart from terrorists posing threats with smart bombs, identity theft we also have very serious privacy issues with the authorities concerning RFID.

There is nothing preventing state officials installing touch pad / walk thru portals at every public building, post office, border or transit terminal in the country. We may even have touch pads fitted at night clubs or off licenses in order reveal our ID to enter or purchase alcohol or cigarettes.

You may think nothing of it now but every time you "tag" one of these your movements are digitally pin pointed and will be stored for two years under EU data retention laws and could be used against you as evidence.

This video clip give you a good insight into exactly where this technology is heading and also gives reference to a BBC article written 4 years ago on the "Un prediction "Internet of things""

Interestingly we have this propaganda video from the EU promoting this wonders of this technology. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

i think what rtda is saying is that today its this technolegy and tomorrow they will know what you are doing every minute of the day through satellite tracking. in a few years time when you are born they will insert a chip inside your brain and you will become fully programable and will not have the ability of freedom of choice.

iam with you op these things should be highlighted, and the people laughing at you today will be the robots of tomorrow, if nothing is done and these people are left get away with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

lucky-colm wrote: »
    i think what rtda is saying is that today its this technolegy and tomorrow they will know what you are doing every minute of the day through satellite tracking. in a few years time when you are born they will insert a chip inside your brain and you will become fully programable and will not have the ability of freedom of choice.

iam with you op these things should be highlighted, and the people laughing at you today will be the robots of tomorrow, if nothing is done and these people are left get away with this.

This is what's known as a slippery slope logical fallacy. You firstly assume that if A (technology without RFID) leads to B (Technology with RFID technology), then B must lead to C, then C to D and so on (C and D being further advances in technology). This continues until you conclude that A leads to Z (Z being chips in brains). This is not a sound argument, firstly because you cannot make logical connections that one event will inherently follow another.

Also, you are assuming that all the new technology derived from RFID will inevitably follow a downward trend (meaning, you assume that it will lead to technologies which are detrimental to us as a society) hence the name slippery slope fallacy.

What RdtH is talking about isn't the technology itself, but rather the abuse of the technology.
    He may as well be arguing that cops shouldn't have cars because they'll use them to catch criminals.

Not once ever has he been able to show a single abuse of this or any other thing he doomsays about.

But I imagine all this stuff is just around the corner.... Like everything else has been for the last 20 years.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

RTDH, the problem you sem to have as stated is the potential abuse for mis use by certain members of society....
    and therefore we should advoid these technologies.....

taken from that should we shut the internet down???? as on the internet there is more identity theft, copyright protections, terrorists plotting stuff, hackers causing chaos ect ect......

what about the normal car, it is technology... yet it has the power for mis use... we see it all the time, people being killed by drivers.... should we ban all cars in the world???

what about the humble wrist watch.... many bombs have been detonated by these by terrorists should we ban these as well....

All Technology has the ability to be mis used.... but it doesn't mean as a race we need to stop developing new technologies.......

what you have posted here and in numerous other threads are your fears about how technology can be used against you and others.... but you happily embrace other technologies like computers, internet, cars.... ect......
    why is it you can accept some technologies and not new ones.......

robtri wrote: »
    RTDH, the problem you seem to have as stated is the potential abuse for mis use by certain members of society....
    and therefore we should avoid these technologies.
    More so be vigilant about them. We are already small getting a taste of whats to come by the powers that be on what current technology we have.
    taken from that should we shut the internet down???? as on the internet there is more identity theft, copyright protections, terrorists plotting stuff, hackers causing chaos ect ect..
    No need to shut it down as in time it will become so bogged down with censorship, data retention and IP tracking filters that people will in time just turn away from using it. Copyright theft will soon become a be a thing of the past. And just like cell phones professional terrorists will no longer use it for fear of being tracked.
    what about the normal car, it is technology... yet it has the power for mis use... we see it all the time, people being killed by drivers.... should we ban all cars in the world??? ..
    No, just pass new laws to make driving "safer" and possibly "greener" :rolleyes: IE fitting GPS transponder black box into your vehicle. In that way there will be less people killed. :)
    what about the humble wrist watch.... many bombs have been detonated by these by terrorists should we ban these as well....

All Technology has the ability to be mis used.... but it doesn't mean as a race we need to stop developing new technologies.
    what you have posted here and in numerous other threads are your fears about how technology can be used against you and others.... but you happily embrace other technologies like computers, internet, cars.... ect......
    why is it you can accept some technologies and not new ones..
    I have already given umpteen examples of privacy breaches on what technology you mentioned above so why should I trust the authorities with something like RFID embedded ID smartcard that poses probably the greatest treat to civil liberties mankind will ever face if it gets into the wrong hands and there is every bit of this happening in this current Global "economic" and "enviornmental" crisis. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I can understand the anxiety about RFID, although I think it'll actuallly be very handy for many applications. For example, in a supermarket you could fill your trolley or basket and just by puting your goods beside an RFID reader the total cost would appear, without unpacking, scanning or handling the items. Then you could pay by cash or card, and just take your goods straight to your car, or out the door. Although this will only happen when the cost of the tags become cheaper.

Oracle wrote: »
    I can understand the anxiety about RFID, although I think it'll actually be very handy for many applications. For example, in a supermarket you could fill your trolley or basket and just by putting your goods beside an RFID reader the total cost would appear, without unpacking, scanning or handling the items. Then you could pay by cash or card, and just take your goods straight to your car, or out the door. Although this will only happen when the cost of the tags become cheaper.

Both these commercials were produced by IBM about four years ago to promote RFID technology in supermarkets.

They go one step further, theres no check out, you simply walk through an electronic portal and the total cost of the groceries are debited from your bank account without even removing your smart card from your pocket. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eob532iEpqk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDyqhcy1L-0&feature=related

How convenient. The system will also have every item logged on a database, know literally what you eat for breakfast, automatically charge you whatever transaction and carbon tax on your purchases along with pinpointing your position at POS.

Both these are commercials produced by IBM about four years ago to promote RFID technology in supermarkets.

They go one step further, theres no check out, you simply walk past an electronic portal and the total cost of the groceries are debited from your account without even removing your smart card from your pocket. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eob532iEpqk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDyqhcy1L-0&feature=related

How convenient. The system will also have every item logged on a database, know literally what you eat for breakfast, will also be able to charge you whatever transaction and carbon tax on your purchases and there is no escape.

Cool. When is this being launched? :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

....How convenient. The system will also have every item logged on a database, know literally what you eat for breakfast, automatically charge you whatever transaction and carbon tax on your purchases along with pinpointing your position at POS.

The supermarkets get that information already, with the loyalty cards used by many customers, at all the supermarket chains. Tesco already have a combined Clubcard and credit card.

Oracle wrote: »
    The supermarkets get that information already, with the loyalty cards used by many customers, at all the supermarket chains. Tesco already have a combined Clubcard and credit card.
    Thats is for those that wish to use them thankfully we still have the option of using cash for now.

Thats is for those that wish to use them thankfully we still have the option of using cash for now.

But what will they do with the information that you so fear?? You buy a packet of cornflakes in your local shop....do you think some big bad evil dude in Brussels gives a crap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭aurelius79

namloc1980 wrote: »
    But what will they do with the information that you so fear?? You buy a packet of cornflakes in your local shop....do you think some big bad evil dude in Brussels gives a crap?

Or you buy a particular product, book, film, whatever....and your name, address, DOB, mother's maiden name, etc. goes on an international "anti-terrorist" watchlist. You may be followed or have your phone tapped. You may be arrested without charge and held indefinitely under anti-terrorism legislation. You think this isn't happening already? This chip will just make it a hell of a lot easier to monitor people.

aurelius79 wrote: »
    Or you buy a particular product, book, film, whatever....and your name, address, DOB, mother's maiden name, etc. goes on an international "anti-terrorist" watchlist. You may be followed or have your phone tapped. You may be arrested without charge and held indefinitely under anti-terrorism legislation. You think this isn't happening already? This chip will just make it a hell of a lot easier to monitor people.

Where has someone been held indefinitely purely on the basis of buying a book?

So can anyone actually show a single example of someone being arrested and imprisoned purely of what their shopping habits were?
    Can anyone show someone who was arrested wrongly for this?

Or is it something we should just be afraid of?

• Advertisement

Where has someone been held indefinitely purely on the basis of buying a book?

Thousands of people in the U.S. have been held without charge for days, weeks, even years. There is no way to know for sure why these people were arrested. One thing I can say for sure is if you purchase...
    http://www.amazon.com/Anarchist-Cookbook-C-066-William-Powell/dp/0962303208
    ...your name will be on an NSA watchlist.

You may even end up on a watchlist for purchasing...
    http://www.amazon.com/Shadow-Factory-Ultra-Secret-Eavesdropping-America/dp/0385521324

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/09/AR2005090900772.html

This guy was locked up for three and a half years without charge because he was a former gang member. If you read further down the articla, you will read...

"Opponents have warned that if not constrained by the courts, Padilla's detention could lead to the military being allowed to hold anyone who, for example, checks out what the government considers the wrong kind of reading materials from the library. "

Thousands of people in the U.S. have been held without charge for days, weeks, even years. There is no way to know for sure why these people were arrested.
    Hang on.
    You have no idea why these people where arrested or the details of their cases but you're just going to say it was because of their shopping habits?
    One thing I can say for sure is if you purchase...

http://www.amazon.com/Shadow-Factory-Ultra-Secret-Eavesdropping-America/dp/0385521324
    And can you actually support this statement?
    Or show a single person who was arrested because they where on these supposed lists?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/09/AR2005090900772.html

This guy was locked up for three and a half years without charge because he was a former gang member. If you read further down the articla, you will read...

"Opponents have warned that if not constrained by the courts, Padilla's detention could lead to the military being allowed to hold anyone who, for example, checks out what the government considers the wrong kind of reading materials from the library. "

You left out the bit where he was previously convicted and sentenced for manslaughter of a person, that he trained in Al Qaeda camps in Pakistan and Afghanistan and he has since been sentenced at foot of terroist plots in a Court of Law.

As for the quote.....'opponents have warned....'...that is hardly conclusive if anything

Hang on.
    You have no idea why these people where arrested or the details of their cases but you're just going to say it was because of their shopping habits?

And can you actually support this statement?
    Or show a single person who was arrested because they where on these supposed lists?

King Mob, if I can be honest I'm growing tired of your arguments. Please quote me where I said people are being arrested for their shopping habits. Oh, I didn't actually say that did I? I said the NSA monitor book purchases which they actually do. They also tap phone lines and monitor e-mails. And all this is absolutely legal thanks to the Patriot Act.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/spyfactory/police.html

• Advertisement

King Mob, if I can be honest I'm growing tired of your arguments. Please quote me where I said people are being arrested for their shopping habits. Oh, I didn't actually say that did I? I said the NSA monitor book purchases which they actually do. They also tap phone lines and monitor e-mails. And all this is absolutely legal thanks to the Patriot Act.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/spyfactory/police.html

I asked for an example of someone who was arrested for the shopping habits, you posted that.

You've said the NSA put you on a watch list for buying these books.
    Can you back up this statement or not?

You left out the bit where he was previously convicted and sentenced for manslaughter of a person, that he trained in Al Qaeda camps in Pakistan and Afghanistan and he has since been sentenced at foot of terroist plots in a Court of Law.

As for the quote.....'opponents have warned....'...that is hardly conclusive if anything

Yes, at the age of 14 he was charged with manslaughter. This has absolutely nothing to do with terrorism now does it?

There is no evidence whatsoever that he trained in Al Qaeda camps or that he was involved with a terrorist plot. Any evidence to suggest otherwise is purely circumstantial.

He was convicted of plotting terrorist attacks in the U.S.? Based on what evidence exactly?

Let's not forget Rubin Carter who served 20 years in jail for murders he didn't commit. Conviction of a crime does not mean guilt, especially in the U.S.

I asked for an example of someone who was arrested for the shopping habits, you posted that.

You've said the NSA put you on a watch list for buying these books.
    Can you back up this statement or not?

Please quote me where I said the NSA put me on a watch list. Actually, never mind. I'm just going to block you. I'm not going to debate with someone who clearly lacks basic reading comprehension skills.

Please quote me where I said the NSA put me on a watch list. Actually, never mind. I'm just going to block you. I'm not going to debate with someone who clearly lacks basic reading comprehension skills.
    One thing I can say for sure is if you purchase...

When I said "you" I wasn't referring specifically to you, but rather to anyone who purchases these books.
    So are you actually going to back up these statements or are you just going to ignore important questions?

Threads lately all seem to go down this exact same path.

Aurelius, take this as a warning for personal abuse, you're lucky you're not getting a yellow. You've already gotten infracted this week, so one more insult and it'll be a red card with a one week ban.

The next person to drag this thread further off topic will be infracted. This isn't a thread about buying books on Amazon, it's not a thread about people being arrested for doing so. It's a thread discussing RFID technology RFID ID cards, and what affects this technology could have on people.

I don't think the authorities would be too concerned about a box of cornflakes unless the empty carton was found discarded in the wrong place or left in the wrong recycle bin. They could then trace it back to you and fine you. :eek:

I would be more concerned about this.

Your son gets caught with fags or booze that has been swiped by your smart card you would have some explaining to do. Worse still there could be a Prohibition placed on your card that could forbid you purchasing any alcohol or entering a licensed premises. :eek:

I don't think the authorities would be too concerned about a box of cornflakes unless the empty carton was found discarded in the wrong place or left in the wrong recycle bin. They could then trace it back to you and fine you. :eek:

But wouldn't this be a handy way of catching illegal dumping activity....actually this is a great idea Rdth. If you dump something illeagally it can be traced to you....don't see anything wrong with that!
    Your son gets caught with fags or booze that has been swiped by your smart card you would have some explaining to do.

Too damn right you would...again don't see your problem with this.
    Worse still there could be a Prohibition placed on your card that could forbid you purchasing any alcohol or entering a licensed premises. :eek:

Do you have anything to support your idea that the authorities plan on preventing people from going into pubs through RFID technology or is this just purely made up???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Lots and lots of "coulds" in this thread.

The army could use all the guns they have to murder newborns.

Oh, and in fairness, it's hardly likely anyone here will be able to provide reasonable evidence on the NSA's activities.

But wouldn't this be a handy way of catching illegal dumping activity....actually this is a great idea Rdth. If you dump something illegally it can be traced to you....don't see anything wrong with that!
    Precisely, until it happens to you and you end up with a €200 fine for dropping a fag butt on the ground. :D
    Too damn right you would...again don't see your problem with this.
    Again like all traffic fines you think they are great until you get done yourself. :)
    Do you have anything to support your idea that the authorities plan on preventing people from going into pubs through RFID technology or is this just purely made up???
    Its well within the capabilities of this technology, If a cop pulls you over he could tell by your smart card where and when you were drinking, what you drank and how much of it you bought. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Not a driver, but if I got a fine for a traffic offence, well then fair enough, most of the traffic laws are fairly reasonable in my opinion. There are some I have issue with, and for those situations there is an appeal procedure.

Not sure why this is relevant to Germany's non-mandatory RFID chips.

• Advertisement
Advertisement