Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any idea where to buy Asus laptops?

• 21-12-2009 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

I am planning to buy a new laptop.Saw lots of reviews that Asus laptops are very good performance wise and also highly reliable. So narrowed my search to Asus laptops. Retailers like PCWorld / HarveyNorman / PowerCity doesn't have these brand for some reason. I don't mind buying it online from UK if they ship to Ireland.

Any one has any bad experience with Asus? Any idea where to buy it (cheap)?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭mckildare

I was looking at buying on ebuyer.com

They have a few and are fairly cheap. I got put off though when I read about the touchpads, they arent smooth to use because they have indents in them. I mostly use the touchpad so I'd rather go for a less annoying option like Acer

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭theothers108

I bought mine from argos, delighted with it the 1005ha netbook ,battery unreal but going to update ram to 2gb soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Got my one off Digital Media in Tallaght, they're on 01-4627511. Well priced, good machines.

Either of you guys have an opinion on the touchpad, is it so annoying as the reviews I read state?
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭TestLink

Checked ebuyer.com. Prices seems low compared to komplett/pixmania etc. From their website its seems that they dont accept credit cards outside UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭theothers108

mckildare wrote: »
    Either of you guys have an opinion on the touchpad, is it so annoying as the reviews I read state?
    Cheers

Hey,no problem with the touchpad myself works perfect , so cool never knew u could scroll page, refresh ,go back foward etc all with touchpad

ITguru wrote: »
    Checked ebuyer.com. Prices seems low compared to komplett/pixmania etc. From their website its eems that they dont accept credit cards outside UK.

Do a search for ebuyer, there's a thread somewhere in Bargain Alerts where people were having trouble ordering online but using Google checkout worked. You need to use REP123 for the postcode or something....

Thanks for the info theothers108, I'd like to find one in a shop to give it a test myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Komplett have a few

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

mckildare wrote: »
    Cheers

I have one
    I like the touchpad.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 zealano

I have purchased two Asus 1005ha's from laptopsdirect.ie since August. Had to get a replacement battery for one and found their service to be very good. Prices very good too. Previous years bought Asus 4g netbooks from komplett and pixmania, no problems there either but laptopsdirect had best prices this year. Asus 1005ha has great battery life and is a great netbook. The 6cell battery5600mAh has a 10 hour battery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement