Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank you Borris in Ossory 01 D lexus Guy

Options
  • 21-12-2009 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭

Me and the mrs were heading up to the big city yesterday, and had a flat tyre near Borris. It was one of those situations where, although all of the wheel-nuts were off, the damn wheel wouldn't come off. Giving the wheel a good kicking wouldn't shift it, and the 2 degrees centigrade temperature wasn't helping either.:(

A tall fair-haired guy pulled up in his 01 D Lexus to offer assistance, then went off in search of a sledge-hammer. He tried a couple of local garages without success, and went on another trip to see of he could borrow one from a local farmer. After a while, he came back with one, and a couple of clouts later, the wheel was off.:D

He refused to take a donation, and off he drove.:cool:

Had it not been for this patron-saint of sledge-hammers, our deep-frozen bodies would have been found at side of the road under a piece of sky turned blue by the obscenities.

Whoever he is, he should go into politics, I'd vote for him. He'd turn this country round in a flash.

I hope that he and his family have a feckin' good Christmas.:D

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

+1 on this random act of kindness.....

i hope this unnamed stranger also has a good chrimbo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Nice one, it's great to hear a story like this. At this time of the year there can be so much bad motoring stories, Happy Christmas to this good samaritan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭pacman.podge

the world needs more people like him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭joe_dunne

Brilliant story, well done that man.

Joe Dunne
    Bujinkan Portlaoise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Kenteach

Fair play to him.

Maybe I don't seem so crazy now for always having a sledge in the boot!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Kenteach wrote: »
    Fair play to him.

Maybe I don't seem so crazy now for always having a sledge in the boot!!

Still no excuse for the duct-tape, rope and knife though.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Fair play to him is right!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭DOS

More of this sort of thing!

Advertisement