Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combi Boiler

Options
  • 21-12-2009 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

I'm looking at installing a combi condensing gas boiler in a pretty old house. Problem is as far as I can see there is only a half inch mains water feed into the house.

Does the combi boiler need a three-quarter inch feed?

If it does, is there anything I can do that will solve my problem between half inch and three-quarter inch...please say there is...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

There is only half inch to every house. no? Are dublin houses differennt than everywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Daragh86

I thought everywhere was three-quarter inch??? I'm just a newbie DIYer, so you'd know best.

Why would the mains water into the boiler be a three-quarter inch fitting so? And is the solution to this just to get a half inch to three-quarter inch straight fitting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Daragh86 wrote: »
    I thought everywhere was three-quarter inch??? I'm just a newbie DIYer, so you'd know best.

Why would the mains water into the boiler be a three-quarter inch fitting so? And is the solution to this just to get a half inch to three-quarter inch straight fitting?

Nahh I think what your noticeing is that 1/2" heavy gague hydrodare uses a 3/4" fitting. Otherwise on light gague you need to use a polyadapter.

You normally use 22mm fittings for the boiler just change the nut and ring on the irish side ie on the mains side.

With respect but, you dont need to worry about this.. Boiler commissioning must be carried out by an www.rgii.ie fitter who will know all this.

Dont worry.Just get the fitter.

Have the flow rate of the mains water checked first before you chose your combi or if you have chosen one make sure the flow rate matches the boilers minimum requirement which will be in the manual, combis are good but with bad incoming mains they can be a liability, Gary.

Advertisement