Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harvey Normans Xbox Accessories %50 off

• 21-12-2009 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

Was in the One in Waterford and they had game controllers, play and charge kits, some kind of microphone,eyesight, bluetooth headset, messenger kit.........wireless adapter they have it marked at 90 euro but the rest of the stuff wass reasonblly priced. The controllers are in a basket on the left as you walk in and the rest of the stuff is in another basket on the left side of the store. (cant remember but they had the hd av components thingy)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

in dundalk also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭doyler442

artielange wrote: »
    play and charge kits

By any chance can you remember how much these were? My wire doesn't seem to be working anymore.

event wrote: »
    in dundalk also
    Is there any wired controllers and how much are they ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Any HD's there? If so how much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Play and charge 19.99, battery on its own 14.99. Those were the sticker prices, so half that... 10 euro and 7.50 respectively...

Saw no HD's in Waterford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭the corpo

tons of everything but hds in blanch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

Was there any reduction on PS3 stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

doyler442 wrote: »
    By any chance can you remember how much these were? My wire doesn't seem to be working anymore.

If you can wait a few weeks for delivery: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12379

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

If you're looking for wireless controllers, Tesco are doing the black wireless one with 2 games for 29.99. The controller on its own is at least 39.99 everywhere else

Gamestop are doing a white wireless controller with Forza 2 for 29.99 as well

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Hurrumph, the one thing I was looking for was the wireless dongle!

Will they ever be cheap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Dades wrote: »

Will they ever be cheap?

Same here:mad: Can't understand why they didn't have it in built into the console like every other console out there:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

Dades wrote: »

Will they ever be cheap?

€50 in Harvey Norman isn't too bad, I picked one up for €25 during the half price thing a couple of weeks back after waiting nearly 4 years for one. Keep your eyes peeled on the HN ads after Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

Anyone know if xbox wheels are included in this, and if so how much they going for?

TIA,
    HD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

HarryD wrote: »
    Anyone know if xbox wheels are included in this, and if so how much they going for?

TIA,
    HD

I'm heading down tomorrow, I'll find out for ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

xbox steering wheels were recalled some time ago i havent seen them on the scene since!

also the wifi adapter for the xbox was down to 45euro a few days back, presume its the same. oh that and the controllers are 24 euro i think. pretty decent.

So I'm back from HN's Blanchardstown.

50% off applies to only controllers, cables, media remotes and wifi adapters. Not the wireless headset! :( They had no wifi adapters at all, but loads of everything else.

Wireless headsets were in the same basket as 50% off stuff, so I tried to chance my arm, no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

creggy wrote: »
    So I'm back from HN's Blanchardstown.

50% off applies to only controllers, cables, media remotes and wifi adapters. Not the wireless headset! :( They had no wifi adapters at all, but loads of everything else.

Wireless headsets were in the same basket as 50% off stuff, so I tried to chance my arm, no joy.
    HN's in waterford were givin 50% off the wireless headsets. Maybe you should tell Blanchardstown HN that and they might reconsider?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Is there any wired controllers and how much are they ?

sorry, didnt look closely, just saw the bin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭_michelle_

jahalpin wrote: »
    If you're looking for wireless controllers, Tesco are doing the black wireless one with 2 games for 29.99. The controller on its own is at least 39.99 everywhere else

went onto there website & couldnt find this anywhere?? is it north or south & which store did you see it in?? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

wireless controller and 2 games (pure and lego indy iirc) 39.99 in HN swords.
    all other accesories 50% off
    everything available today at lunch time

picked up remote, wireless white contoller, 2 play and chage kits for about 50

they had the following that i saw (and was told were included in the sale):
    lips mics
    white/black controllers
    wireless headsets
    mini keyboard things
    eye cameras
    media remotes
    plan and charge kits
    spare rechargeable things
    hd av cables

• Advertisement

Grrrr! Idiots. I bought a wireless headset eventually in Symths for €30...

How much is the mini keyboard usually?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

doyler442 wrote: »

Did this thread really get to page 2 without any smart childish comments ?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Picked up a wireless headset in HN Dundalk today for €25
    They also had the remotes for €15, hdmi/sound cable thing (duno how much but they were 50% off marked price) and think i saw some of those singstar microphone things in the same bin marked 50% off also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭The Aviator

jahalpin wrote: »

ps3 or xbox 360 controllers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

My mate has been bragging for the last 2 days he brought a 12 month live sub. up to the till in Harvman and when he was asked for €56 he said it was an xbox accessory, the cashier gave it to him for €28 :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

ShaunC wrote: »
    My mate has been bragging for the last 2 days he brought a 12 month live sub. up to the till in Harvman and when he was asked for €56 he said it was an xbox accessory, the cashier gave it to him for €28 :mad:

What a Chancer!!! fair play to him though . Hes a hard neck! im surprized the staff member was stupid enough to think it was an accessory. must of been a girl.

lindtee wrote: »
    Same here:mad: Can't understand why they didn't have it in built into the console like every other console out there:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Because Microsoft want to take every penny they can possibly get off you! Just look at all the products you have to buy after purchasing an xbox...bang!Microsoft have you !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

!MAVERICK! wrote: »
    Because Microsoft want to take every penny they can possibly get off you! Just look at all the products you have to buy after purchasing an xbox...bang!Microsoft have you !
    Or, maybe because it was the first console to the market in this generation and wireless wasn't yet the norm... But I agree, even €50 is too expensive for the adaptor, let alone the RRP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Delminuso007

haha which HN was this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

I got this in tralee also, and i got 4 x 4200 pts half price too, 4200 pts for me and the rest for a few lads i know!:D

haha some thick down there, store would've lost its arse on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

I got the 4200 pts over 2 days, so if there are any left io cant see why anyone else couldnt pick them up, 12 months xbox live was out of stock

wouldnt get that lax store keeping in other HN stores :D

Fair play tho mate

Or, maybe because it was the first console to the market in this generation and wireless wasn't yet the norm... But I agree, even €50 is too expensive for the adaptor, let alone the RRP.

Your dead right there, but Microsoft should of built in a wireless adapter after 2007, they also screwed me by not putting an optical slot on the back of their console, they make you purchase this special adapter at a ludicrous price!

Advertisement