Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

blurb.com - where's my books

• 21-12-2009 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭

So, I ordered a couple of photo books from blurb.com a month ago today for Christmas presents. No sign of them yet. Never had issues with blurb in the past.

Strangely, a friend who I recommended blurb to also has no book. It was ordered mid-November, a week before I ordered mine.

So, two orders placed a week apart vanished in the post? One, sure I can buy that. But two? Seems a little suspect.

Anyone else order anything from blurb this Christmas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

I haven't ordered anything this year but past experience has thought me that companies like Blurb get jammed up with orders around Christmas. Not to mention its the busiest time for the postal service too.

Sorry, but its kind of a keep the fingers crossed situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

i put in an order with blurb on nov 2nd and only after i sent 2 not so nice emails i finally got my order on friday last "twice". same excuse, got lost in the post so they issued a second one, got it in the end but i guess the postal service being so busy would have to be taking into account also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Thread closed...

have you been in contact with Blurb...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I've asked trishw78 to re-open this thread (thanks again)

I am also having difficulty with blurb's delivery. I've order two books (seperately) just after christmas. I have been in contact with Blurb and they tell me that since I went with the economy option (ie the €5.99 as opposed to express delivery of €21.99) there is no tracking.

The books are printed in the Neatherlands and they are being posted by swisspost. They were shipped on the 6th and 7th.

I can't understand that much of a delay? Any ideas? Unfortunately from now on I'll have to go with the express delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Sniipe wrote: »

I am also having difficulty with blurb's delivery. I've order two books (seperately) just after christmas. I have been in contact with Blurb and they tell me that since I went with the economy option (ie the €5.99 as opposed to express delivery of €21.99) there is no tracking.

Whenever I ordered from blrub I always went express delivery. I only ever once had a problem with delivery and I didnt find them very helpful to be honest. I guess you will have to keep at them on this one.

For future reference, I now order from www.shakespearephotobooks.com they are higher quality, similar pricing, very quick deliver, usually by 7 business days and best of all, they are Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

This sounds very interesting www.shakespearephotobooks.com. I will definately look at them; I'm doing another book as a 60th birthday present for an uncle of mine soon and I'll test them out.

What I like about blurb is their book software and the fact that they can do PDF to book. Other than that I'm willing to move company for the speedier delivery.

so, whats their sofware like in comparison to blurb?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JuliePhotoArt

Sniipe wrote: »
    This sounds very interesting www.shakespearephotobooks.com.
    so, whats their software like in comparison to blurb?

I'd like to hear some software comparison as well.

I do not find Blurb's software to be the best...

I don't use their software reallly, I create my own designs as individual pages and then upload them as background layouts. Paper quality and cover quality are both better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

I don't think it is as advanced as the Blurb software really, but haven't used it in a while so can't really remember what it is like. Good quality books they produce though

Kbeg3 wrote: »
    I don't think it is as advanced as the Blurb software really, but haven't used it in a while so can't really remember what it is like. Good quality books they produce though

True, the software and the options arent as good as blurb but I think the quality makes it a justifiable sacrifice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement