Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

respraying a VW campervan

• 21-12-2009 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

ok here is the story, i am about to take delivery of an american imported VW camper van. its a late model type 2. mechanically its sound with 2 small welded rust holes and recently renewed window seals. however as it is over 30 years old it is showing some ding/dents and scratches. I am looking for some advice on a good panel beater/classic restorer around dublin who i can talk to about bringing my baby back to life. Specifically i am interested in a complete exterior respray. any help advice or information is appreciated. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

ok here is the story, i am about to take delivery of an american imported VW camper van. its a late model type 2. mechanically its sound with 2 small welded rust holes and recently renewed window seals. however as it is over 30 years old it is showing some ding/dents and scratches. I am looking for some advice on a good panel beater/classic restorer around dublin who i can talk to about bringing my baby back to life. Specifically i am interested in a complete exterior respray. any help advice or information is appreciated. thanks

I looked at getting my van under body sealed and was given this guy’s web site. In the end I didn’t need to get anything done so I don’t know what he’s like but when I spoke to him on the phone he seamed very down to earth but fussy – in the way that he’s proud of the work he does and does a good job

www.lichtenberg-classics.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vincent coffey

thanks spacehopper. he is around the corner from my dad so i will call by the next time i am visiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

thanks spacehopper. he is around the corner from my dad so i will call by the next time i am visiting.
    Any pics of the van ? What year is it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Krazy Kombis apparently are THE people for all things T2
    http://krazykombis.com/blog/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

I'd second Krazy

If you plan on selling it in the not to distant future I'd nearly hold off on the respray as alot of people like to see the original paint as it proves it isn't full of filler

• Advertisement
Advertisement