Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second butcher fire

Options
  • 21-12-2009 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭

Galwaynews.ie:

"Gardaí say they are treating a fire at a city butchers this weekend as 'suspicious'.

The fire broke out at McGraths Butchers in Mervue just before 11pm on Saturday.

Galway Fire Brigade attended the scene and brought the fire under control a short time later.

The premises was extensively damaged, and the scene has been preserved for forensic examination."

I throw the floor open to wild accusations!

Sorry, first fire was in McGraths butchers aswell about a month ago

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Galwaynews.ie:

"Gardaí say they are treating a fire at a city butchers this weekend as 'suspicious'.

The fire broke out at McGraths Butchers in Mervue just before 11pm on Saturday.

Galway Fire Brigade attended the scene and brought the fire under control a short time later.

The premises was extensively damaged, and the scene has been preserved for forensic examination."

I throw the floor open to wild accusations!

Which was the first one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

There was a post a few weeks back about a fire in a butchers in Mervue. I'm guessing there's not more than one there.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

*Stares suspiciously at Vegetarian forum*

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

This is discrimination against fires, fires can't go anywhere without being accused of destroying buildings and threatening people. It's got to stop.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Is this a second fire in McGrath's?

If so and it's arson, someone wanted to finish a job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Is this a second fire in McGrath's?

If so and it's arson, someone wanted to finish a job.

The meat industry has gotten cut throat obviously! First one was the same place alright. It hadn't even re-opened since the first fire...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Right, so it turns out that the butchers in Mervue that was burnt a few weeks ago reopened on Friday. last night (no source only word of mouth from Mervue locals) is that holes were drilled in the roof and petrol poured in. Place is gutted.

The few locals I spoke to are so upset for the the man who owns it..apparently they are lovely in there and give excellent service and do stuff for the old folks like drop their groceries to their doors etc..

It disgusts me that this was a malicious and planned attack, and so close to christmas when he had take turkey orders etc. There really are evil people out there

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

"Hunt them down, there shall be no clemancy"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Has anyone gone down to see if there's any salvageable meat?

Right, so it turns out that the butchers in Mervue that was burnt a few weeks ago reopened on Friday. last night (no source only word of mouth from Mervue locals) is that holes were drilled in the roof and petrol poured in. Place is gutted.

The few locals I spoke to are so upset for the the man who owns it..apparently they are lovely in there and give excellent service and do stuff for the old folks like drop their groceries to their doors etc..

It disgusts me that this was a malicious and planned attack, and so close to christmas when he had take turkey orders etc. There really are evil people out there

Isn't there an apartment above it?...or maybe not. Could be wrong

• Advertisement

Isn't there an apartment above it?...or maybe not. Could be wrong

Yup, as far as I know there is...hence the whole not having a reliable source, only neighbours word of mouth:)

Yup, as far as I know there is...hence the whole not having a reliable source, only neighbours word of mouth:)

Ha Ha I use to live in Mervue. There is alot of word of mouth! if that's the case I'd imagine they will suspect the neighbours upstairs! I'd imagine the butcher must have pi**ed someone off you'd imagine

It's just horrible to think people can be as malicious to do this to the fella twice in under a few weeks...there must be more we don't know about (awaits the mervue information hotline)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Leaving this to the Gardaí

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement