Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with the HTC Tattoo

Options
  • 21-12-2009 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

In serious need of help. It has come up on my screen that i have attempted too many pattern attempts on my screen lock, this was while i had it in my pocket :mad:

To unlock it i have to sign into my gmail account with my username and password however i keep getting an error message saying invalid password or username. I set up this gmail account with the phone and have tried signing into my account on the computer and low behold i can access it on my computer.

I need to access it on my phone is order to make the phone functional again.

I went back to the Vodafone store i purchased it and was told what can i do for you, i dont know your google account or password :eek::eek: I explained the situation about being able to log in to the account on my computer and the sales assistant still had the same attitude so i just walked out.

Has this happened to anyone else cause i am at my wits end and back using my old crappy phone again :(:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

If the phone Gmail account is the same one you use on the PC, maybe you're using the wrong password? What about logging into your Gmail account on the PC and changing the password there then write it down and try again on the phone. HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Thanks for the reply, no i definitely have the correct password because i use the same one for everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Vodafone: Paul

Hi MrsMcSteamy,

I got your PM and I'm looking into this for you.

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

I had the same issue with my Tattoo. Make sure you enter in the full email address as the username e.g. username@gmail.com (Enter full email address like this as username). Try entering in the password all in lowercase or change it to something easier.

This worked for me anyhow. There is a full reset available if this does not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭nmesisca

Log in to gmail from your PC, change the password, then put your new credentials on the phone.

• Advertisement

RodVelvet wrote: »
    I had the same issue with my Tattoo. Make sure you enter in the full email address as the username e.g. username@gmail.com (Enter full email address like this as username). Try entering in the password all in lowercase or change it to something easier.

This worked for me anyhow. There is a full reset available if this does not work.

Done as you suggested, but no joy. I also tried the hard reset but it wouldn't run for me for some reason :(:(

Ok just stumbled across this and it actually worked for thank god, so i have my tattoo back in operation thankfully :):) thanks to anyone who gave me suggestions

http://www.socialpoints.com/mangoblog/post.cfm/htc-magic-locked-out-by-too-many-pattern-attempts-how-to-factory-reset

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jacob_

I have the same problem only with HTC tattoo
    can someone plz help me?

Advertisement