Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a Chocolate Yule Log Recipe - squigy one!

Options
  • 21-12-2009 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hi,
    Apologies if there is a thread on this already, but I couldn't seem to find it.
    I'm looking for a good tried and tested recipe for a moist squishy chocolate yule log with fresh cream or ganache filling, not buttercream icing.
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Hi,
    Apologies if there is a thread on this already, but I couldn't seem to find it.
    I'm looking for a good tried and tested recipe for a moist squishy chocolate yule log with fresh cream or ganache filling, not buttercream icing.
    Thanks in advance!
    I've tried this one before (or a similar one)
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3049/yule-chocolate-log

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Delias Christmas was on this afternoon had a recipe for one with no flour.
    The log was made with egg yolks, caster sugar and cocoa.
    Filled with chestnut paste and iced with cream and chocolate.
    Have a look at her website and see if it is still there, it looked fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Mmm im looking for a recipe aswell, I might try a chocolate swiss roll thing and try the above icing recipe.....

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Thanks for suggestions. I must say Delia's Yule Log looks the business, found it here http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/main-ingredient/chocolate/squidgy-chocolate-log.html so i'm going to try it out. Looks decàdent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Cool, post a pic it looked awesome on TV. Really old show, the closeup of the chestnut tin said use by 1991! The tins are still exactly the same though.
    I was very tempted by it and I am not a big cake eater.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Cool, post a pic it looked awesome on TV. Really old show, the closeup of the chestnut tin said use by 1991! The tins are still exactly the same though.
    I was very tempted by it and I am not a big cake eater.

What a keen eye you have! I'm making it for the kids as they don't like pudding or fruit cake, but i'm sure the adults will tuck in too. Making it Thurs, will post a pic if it works out;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭susanroth

I got the best recip from the hello magazine xmas cookery special! It was delicious!!!

Advertisement