Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

.ie domains for €2.99 with Blacknight

• 21-12-2009 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭

Blacknight are doing a limited time offer on .ie domains at the moment

€2.99 for a .ie think its limited to one per customer

more details and the coupon code here

http://blog.blacknight.com/merry-christmas---celebrate-with-a-discount.html

Disclaimer .. I do some work for Blacknight .. however its a pretty good offer and could save people a nice chunk of change

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

don't you have to be a registered company to get one of these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

sweetie wrote: »
    don't you have to be a registered company to get one of these?
    Not necessarily

Is it possible to register a .ie domain under a "discretionary" name and then upgrade it to business name when you have your business number etc from CRO ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

Is it possible to register a .ie domain under a "discretionary" name and then upgrade it to business name when you have your business number etc from CRO ?

You'd need a business name to register in the first instance

Discretionary works well if you want to register something which is not obviously related to your business eg. we regged dropped.ie under a discretionary

You can of course request the domain name and provide the CRO details within 28 days

Ok cool, I've just registered a domain name under "discretionary" as I didn't have a business number yet and was the only option I could select to get the domain of choice, but CRO should have it out to me within 28 days as I'm sending it off tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭maidhc

Ok cool, I've just registered a domain name under "discretionary" as I didn't have a business number yet and was the only option I could select to get the domain of choice, but CRO should have it out to me within 28 days as I'm sending it off tomorrow

You don't have to wait 28 days. Just register the business name in CORE and send a print screen into the IEDR. They will accept that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

maidhc wrote: »
    You don't have to wait 28 days. Just register the business name in CORE and send a print screen into the IEDR. They will accept that.

Good point. The CRO were issuing receipts at one point that the IEDR were accepting, but I think they stopped a couple of months ago

Advertisement