Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stainless Steel Cable Ties

Options
  • 21-12-2009 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here used these? Just wondering if the tensioning tool is necessary or can i stick them on without? I only have 20 or so to apply - replacing nylon ones that just can't do the job.

I'd imagine that tool is just for professional use to speed up the job - and tensioning is still possible when only a few to apply right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

what is it for . would jubilee clips work?

there is a hand gun to get it properly tight i would imagine you would want to use this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I like these, sick of plastic cable ties lately. I have a gun for the plastic cable ties, but don't have one for the steal lads. Not even sure if their is one. Beat the same size plastic ones hands down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Martron wrote: »
    what is it for . would jubilee clips work?
    Need to use to keep fencing panels in place/not rattling in high winds. Have been using nylon ties and they work great but wear after a season.
    Davy wrote:
    I have a gun for the plastic cable ties, but don't have one for the steal lads. Not even sure if their is one.
    Cable Tie Installation Tool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

i've got one of those stainless steel tie-wrap tighteners.

picked it up while offshore, and they do exist....

you could take a loan of mine if you're in the south

• Advertisement

staker wrote: »
    you could take a loan of mine if you're in the south
    Thanks for the offer staker but i'm in the West. Do you think I could get away with just using a pliers to tension?

i was just thinking of the same thing the other day actually to stop my fences rattling!!! ha ha

pliers might do it alright

Just ordered them up off ebay so hopefully pliers will do the trick.

Advertisement