Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retrieving previously displayed error codes

Options
  • 21-12-2009 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know if/how I can retrieve old error codes that would have previously been displayed on screen? I had 1 led light once plus a specific error code (E??) previously. I didn't make a note of it at the time, it only happened once.

I am getting many disc read errors currently, on both Fifa 10 (only during online play) and MW2 (much less frequent, but during MP). The discs themselves are spotless, no obvious scratches or dust. I saw one suggestion to copy these games to HDD and see how that goes.

Cheers,
    Enigma IE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Enigma IE wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone know if/how I can retrieve old error codes that would have previously been displayed on screen? I had 1 led light once plus a specific error code (E??) previously. I didn't make a note of it at the time, it only happened once.

I am getting many disc read errors currently, on both Fifa 10 (only during online play) and MW2 (much less frequent, but during MP). The discs themselves are spotless, no obvious scratches or dust. I saw one suggestion to copy these games to HDD and see how that goes.

Cheers,
    Enigma IE

You can't obtain those sort of things after the fact AFAIK. There could well be logs of the errors, but they wouldn't be accessible by normal means, probably MS only logs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

You can't obtain those sort of things after the fact AFAIK. There could well be logs of the errors, but they wouldn't be accessible by normal means, probably MS only logs

Yes your right about this. There is no way for the normal user like you or me to be able to recall these logs. Once they're gone they're gone, we have no way of finding them again. MS can check your console though for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

I found this article but it appears its only helpful if you were experiencing the issue (x number of red lights), currently.

http://www.xbox360problemfix.com/E74error.htm

It would be handy to be able to retrospectively look at any errors you may have had. I'd be fairly sure there is a way, perhaps MS tech can talk the customer through the steps over the phone.

Advertisement