Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crolly Doll

Options
  • 21-12-2009 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

I have a doll from the mid to late 1960's who needs a new left leg. does anyone know where I might get one of these ? I have tried in vain to contact the Crolly factory - maybe they are not in existence anymore??? Also does anyone have clothes for crolly dolls from that time ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I'm sure you've tried these..

Email: crollydolls@eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

There is a doll & Teddy bear hospital on South Great George's street, Dublin 2 - you could try there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Liz Kaye

I think the Crolly factory was in Donegal.....

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭medicman

my wife has a 40+yr old crolly doll, looking to find some information, but it seems that the factory is closed? It is a very Large doll, still in its origional packing. "A Miss Crolly Doll by Gaeltarra"

If anyone has any information, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Hi medicman, if you want I can leave the thread here in this forum for a few days. If you don't get any answers here then I can move it over to the Toys & Boardgames forum, where you may get some more success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 riras

You might find the upcoming documentary on Crolly Dolls and the now closed factory in Donegal interesting. TG4 early October.

riras wrote: »
    You might find the upcoming documentary on Crolly Dolls and the now closed factory in Donegal interesting. TG4 early October.

thanks for the heads up riras, will keep an eye out for it comming up.

regards.

WindSock wrote: »
    Hi medicman, if you want I can leave the thread here in this forum for a few days. If you don't get any answers here then I can move it over to the Toys & Boardgames forum, where you may get some more success.

hi there windsock, can you move this to the toys and boardgames forum please? not much happening here.

thanks and regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 linda83

hi i know this is an old tread but incase its still active heres some info on the crolly dolls factory, although the factory in Crolly has now closed (my mum workd there in her teens) they are still making the dolls in Annagry, the business has changed hands over the years but the skills have been passed along, so to track them down search crolly dolls annagry, i can no longer find their website but i have found details on local contact sites.. hope this is helpful,

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sinead1999

denmar wrote: »
    I have a doll from the mid to late 1960's who needs a new left leg. does anyone know where I might get one of these ? I have tried in vain to contact the Crolly factory - maybe they are not in existence anymore??? Also does anyone have clothes for crolly dolls from that time ?

Did you ever get your Crolly Doll fixed/dressed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

omg even saying the word crolly doll brings back furry warm memories.:p

dollyk wrote: »
    omg even saying the word crolly doll brings back furry warm memories.:p

I just got mine revamped at for an old dame of 46 she's looking good 💗💗

denmar wrote: »

You can post your doll (registered post) to the Dolls Hospital P.O. Box 174 Tullow Co Carlow. Melissa will do an AMAZING job on you doll

Advertisement